The Student Room Group

Staying focused while studying

How to stay focused when studying? I’ve tried minimising distractions like studying alone in a quiet place, putting my phone on silent but I still can’t help myself looking at my phone or laptop
Reply 1
For me, I've just set aside the time I've needed, then taken consistent breaks. I also remind my self of the importance of doing it. Another tip I have is too do it early in the day, before anything else. Caffiene helps
Original post by Anonymous #1
How to stay focused when studying? I’ve tried minimising distractions like studying alone in a quiet place, putting my phone on silent but I still can’t help myself looking at my phone or laptop

put screentime on ur phone and put ur laptop away. make sure the room is clean and not stuffy.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hiya,

Something that I found helps me is putting any distractions in another room / visually hidden so I wouldn't use them during revision periods.
It also might be worth setting targets for yourself everyday and rewarding them with something at the end of the day, like taking an extended break or treating yourself to a takeaway, etc.
Find something that works for you, but personally, I can say the above 2 work for me right now!

I hope this helps and wishing you the best of luck for your exams!!
-- Arya
Hello,

From my personal experience, I like to start my study sessions by creating a to do list. Then I like to use the Pomodoro method where you work for 25-minute stretches broken by five-minute breaks. Longer breaks, typically 15 to 30 minutes, are taken after four consecutive work intervals

I also tend to put my phone in a different room to prevent any distractions. Some of my friends use an app called Flora that helps you stay off your phone.

What methods do you think you will apply?

Best of luck,
Haya - MBBS V

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending