The Student Room Group
Reply 1
well, if it goes wrong you can always shave it off so you might as well try.
Reply 2
I was going to advise against it, but this guy is totally right.

You can always get rid of it, so might as well see how it looks.
Spanghew
I was going to advise against it, but this guy is totally right.

You can always get rid of it, so might as well see how it looks.

True do you think the dye will dye my skin as well? Also what should I use to dye it?
Reply 4
I really thought this thread was going to be about your beard dying of some kind of a disease or something.
Reply 5
It wont dye your skin.. if it does only midly and then you can get it off.. same as when you do your hair and it gets on ur skin/neck :smile: i have no idea what kind of dye though.. probably not normol hair dye as i imagine it would irritate your face as quite strong.. you can get pube dye lol so maybe try that as its for sensitive areas or google if you can get beard dye?!
Cmkai12
It wont dye your skin.. if it does only midly and then you can get it off.. same as when you do your hair and it gets on ur skin/neck :smile: i have no idea what kind of dye though.. probably not normol hair dye as i imagine it would irritate your face as quite strong.. you can get pube dye lol so maybe try that as its for sensitive areas or google if you can get beard dye?!

Pube dye LMAOO! Really? haha

I'll see if there is any such thing as beard dye.

Thanks
llacerta
I really thought this thread was going to be about your beard dying of some kind of a disease or something.

yeah me too
I mean no offence by this mate, but at just 17 won't your beard be a bit of a failbeard? Lots of young blokes [including me at one point] try and grow beards of some description, but I'd be very surprised if you achieved anything like the consistency and coverage of Serge's beard for at least a year or two.

Obviously it's a personal thing, so if you know that you can grow it, go for it :wink:

Besides - you'll get [slightly, if any. Not guaranteed] more respect at university if you culture a handsome beard whilst there rather than going in with a failbeard ^_^
Aphotic Cosmos
I mean no offence by this mate, but at just 17 won't your beard be a bit of a failbeard? Lots of young blokes [including me at one point] try and grow beards of some description, but I'd be very surprised if you achieved anything like the consistency and coverage of Serge's beard for at least a year or two.

Obviously it's a personal thing, so if you know that you can grow it, go for it :wink:

Besides - you'll get [slightly, if any. Not guaranteed] more respect at university if you culture a handsome beard whilst there rather than going in with a failbeard ^_^

Yeah I know what you mean about a 'failbeard' but I have the beard but its just too light, its brown. I've been gowning it for about 3 weeks now and its getting there just too light. :\ Beards only look good if there black.

But yeah thanks, I don't like them 'bum fluff' type beards either on guys younger than me or even the same age.
llacerta

me too.. minus the disease part though... i just thot it was a random "omg where's my beard" thing
llacerta

smae here.. i thought his beard was balding or something..
emanuel_arsenalfc
smae here.. i thought his beard was balding or something..

LMAO!

Well sorry to disappoint :dry:
Reply 13
Jay McConville
Hi,

I'm trying to grow a Serge type beard, Serge being the guitarist from Kasabian ( http://static.gigwise.com/artists/Image/serge200.jpg )

But I have brown hair and my beard is light brown almost blond in on some parts, has anyone thought about dying just your beard? Or is it just me being weird?

Do you think I should? If so any idea's on how I would do it?

Thanks for any help,

I believe there's a beard-dying product called Just For Men. It's aimed at older men who have grey hairs in their beards but it would work perfectly fine on your beard.
Reply 14
Ohhhhh! :o:
Yeah you can dye it!! I think you can get special "beard dye" as well, but if this is more expensive than normal hair dye just get that instead. Just do it the normal way but don't get it in your mouth/ eye!! Hehe. Risky getting a beard... :s-smilie:

Latest