The Student Room Group

Quitting River Island?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JosephNV
Nice advice, but perhaps 4 and a half years late for her :biggrin:

Yeah I realised once it had sent. Haha, sorry! But maybe it will help someone else in the same situation :smile:
Reply 21
Working a iver island is the worst thing ive ever done, im still working here and looking for other jobs. The managers are ****as and i hope they all die. I cant wait to give this job up after finding a new one inshallah. Two of the managers gave me a hard time today and he could see in my eyes that i wanted to break his nose. And im going to do something to them after i leave!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 22
How many notice would I need to give, i have been working there for 3 months and I am a 20 hour contract?
Reply 23
How many weeks notice do you need to give
Might be a bit late to reply but I put my complaints down in official Grievance, then eventually took them to Industrial Tribunal for both Unfair and Constructive Dismissal .... still waiting outcome.
Talk to Citizens Advice about employment rights for p/t employees.
What's is so bad about river island , I'm now contemplating going to the interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
River Island has a one week notice period. You are required to give a manager written notice, which is dated and signed and will be required to work a week from that current day. So if you gave you notice on a Monday, you'd be required to work until the Sunday. Or just don't turn up. They can't legally withhold payment, but make sure you've given your bank details, so they are able to pay you in some form.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending