The Student Room Group

Tobacco - what to choose

I've recently started uni so money is quite tight atm, i was considering switching from smoking cigarettes to roll ups. But the thing is, iv never bought loose tobacco, fiters etc before so not sure what to ask for. Can anyone tell me what the most common tobacco, filters and papers are please. thank you :smile:

ps before anyone says i should give up entirely to save money, i am trying my best to cut down!
Reply 1
Golden Virginia -- or Drum to be cheap -- a pack of 50 green rizlas -- and a box of filters.
Go to a local tobacconist, and perhaps they sell better types of pre-packaged tobacco.
Reply 3
Bagration
Golden Virginia -- or Drum to be cheap -- a pack of 50 green rizlas -- and a box of filters.

OK thanks i'm gona head down to the shop now, what size pouches does the tobacco come in and roughly how many cigarettes can i get from a pouch?
Reply 4
Superman23
OK thanks i'm gona head down to the shop now, what size pouches does the tobacco come in and roughly how many cigarettes can i get from a pouch?
Ok you get 12.5 grams, 25 grams, and 50 grams; about £3, £5.50 and £11 respectively. They will make about 25-30, 50-60, 100-120 ciggies respectively depending. Warning though, LEARNING to roll is expensive because you get so many wrong, but when you've learnt its alot cheaper.
Reply 5
practice rolling...i e dont actually dampen the paper til your satisfied with the shape
Reply 6
Yeah don't roll em too tight though as it won't be smokeable.
Bagration

I find that it's cheaper to buy 5 packs of rizla in a box than buy 5 packs separately. Problem is, after I "discovered" their existence, they seemed to go up in price by 2p every time I wanted a box. :frown:
Edit: Make it cheaper by using roach or smoking it blunt. Saves you 80p or however much a box of filters are these days every 120 cigs. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending