The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
felt_monkey
Bio, French and maths were As. The B was chemistry, annoyingly. I got 75% in my ISA, the teacher thought it would be fine. Came out as a C and dragged my written paper grades down. But no one in my class got an A. The most annoying thing was that it was 1 UMS off an A!

Still great results though an A at Bio :eek: how did you manage that? I find Bio much harder than Chemistry ..I'm doing about the same AS levels but do German rather than French.. would be more than happy if I manage a B for my AS level.
A*, A, and 7 Bs.
My mother was diagnosed with schizophrenia in Year 10 and my dad has always had psychotic episodes.
During year 11 i moved in with my gran who was in a poor shape, she died this year.
State school.
I got A*A*AAAAAAAB they hardly qualify for 'bad grade' status but still, they make me really worried about whether or not I'll get into uni or not xD
Reply 43
Chunky_thing
A*, A, and 7 Bs.
My mother was diagnosed with schizophrenia in Year 10 and my dad has always had psychotic episodes.
During year 11 i moved in with my gran who was in a poor shape, she died this year.
State school.

Apart from UEA we've applied to the same uni's :smile:

I had 6A's and 3B's at gcse, because of extenuating circumtances, plus i went to a school that was under special measures and my results were the best in the year. :o:
-F-
Apart from UEA we've applied to the same uni's :smile:

I had 6A's and 3B's at gcse, because of extenuating circumtances, plus i went to a school that was under special measures and my results were the best in the year. :o:

Cool, that is really good considering the circumstances.
What was the other UNI ?:smile:
Reply 45
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
I didn't know that E was a GCSE grade?

I can't tell whether this is sarcastic or not.
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
I didn't know that E was a GCSE grade?

Yes, it is =) Even G is a GCSE grade --> A*-G and fail = U

I just did 7 GCSEs :frown: , I'm lucky that two of those were double gcses, so I got 9 grades.
And in my year 21% of pupils got at least 5 A*-C grades.
SomeStudent

I just did 7 GCSEs :frown: , I'm lucky that two of those were double gcses, so I got 9 grades.

i thought a*-c were passes, and the rest were fails. then why do jobs and colleges etc. ask for x no. of a*-c gcse grades. why not a*-g?
Reply 48
Chunky_thing
Cool, that is really good considering the circumstances.
What was the other UNI ?:smile:

BSMS. I loved the shiny and sparkly dissection room on open day :love:
Miss Purple
i thought a*-c were passes, and the rest were fails. then why do jobs and colleges etc. ask for x no. of a*-c gcse grades. why not a*-g?

Because A*-C are 'decent' passes.
-F-
BSMS. I loved the shiny and sparkly dissection room on open day :love:

I am applying there this year :biggrin:
I've not been there in an open day so not sure how the place is going to be like? is it a really good place? a lot open spaces etc..?
Reply 51
SomeStudent

And in my year 21% of pupils got at least 5 A*-C grades.

What grades did you get? If you dont mind me asking.
Miss Purple

Well, obviously they know someone with a G grade e.g. in maths, isn't very good at maths and they prefer higher grades. Some colleges do accept a D grade.
If a college says '5 GCSE passes and you have CCDDE that's fine as you still passed the course. I'm not sure 100% about this though, but I definitely know that these grades DO exist. :smile:
Cape asked whether E was a GCSE grade, and it is.
Reply 53
I got 8A's 7B's and a C, Consider these bad? Im not sure, i know theyre not brill but r they okay?
Quote plz
Reply 54
New Username
I am applying there this year :biggrin:
I've not been there in an open day so not sure how the place is going to be like? is it a really good place? a lot open spaces etc..?

Yeah, it was lovely, its in my top two, I like the way the course is taught (no PBL! Wahey!), the accomodation i saw was decent, because they're the newest med sch in the uk they get a lof of funding for new tech, I think their first batch of med students graduated last yr, I didnt really get a chance to explore the town, but I went when I was a kid and had lots of fun. The only downside is the distance from home...
Reply 55
Domo-Kun
I got 8A's 7B's and a C, Consider these bad? Im not sure, i know theyre not brill but r they okay?
Quote plz

You have sixteen gcse's mate, I'm sure that's an advantage! Most people I know only have about 10/11, and I only have 9 :s-smilie:
Reply 56
Domo-Kun
Quote plz

Well, if you would have taken the common courtesy of reading the first post, then you would have realized that by 'bad' GCSEs the OP means: grades lower than 3A*/6As. So, you have 8 As that is better than 6As ( >6A ) although you have no A-STARS. ( Do you understand now? :frown: )
-F-
What grades did you get? If you dont mind me asking.

A*AAABBCC (full course)
B (short course)
additional maths B
altoghether A*AAABBBCC, excluding additional maths, as it's not gcse :s-smilie:
Not so great times, but what can I do... and I was definitely not slacking :p:
What about you?
SomeStudent
Well, obviously they know someone with a G grade e.g. in maths, isn't very good at maths and they prefer higher grades. Some colleges do accept a D grade.
If a college says '5 GCSE passes and you have CCDDE that's fine as you still passed the course. I'm not sure 100% about this though, but I definitely know that these grades DO exist. :smile:
Cape asked whether E was a GCSE grade, and it is.

oh yeah, its definately a grade, i just thought that it was a fail awsel. but its definately a grade because you get certificates in them (i think..., ive never gotten a D)
Reply 59
-F-
You have sixteen gcse's mate, I'm sure that's an advantage! Most people I know only have about 10/11, and I only have 9 :s-smilie:

Is it really an advantage? I mean he took A-Levels than he could handle. If he would have done the standard 10-13 GCSEs maybe he would have all A*s ( who knows? ).

Latest

Trending

Trending