The Student Room Group

Scottish 4yr Nursing degree

Hi, I'm paranoid that this an obvious and silly questions but I am starting to get all stressed out trying to take in conflicting info from different uni websites and would just like a bit of info from someone in the know.

Basically I'm English and was going to apply for the pre registration diploma in both England & Scotland for Nursing for financial reasons but would much rather do the degree straight up and I'm confusing my little head about the fee system for the 4 year degrees in Scotland.

I would just like to know

a) what the benefits of doing the 4yr degree are?
b) Am I right in thinking that even for English students, the tuition fees are still funded and we can receive the non-means tested bursary?

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Scottish degrees are a year longer because they can leave school after their equivalent of AS levels, so it means they graduate at the same age as English degree students.

I believe you receive the same funding - you're a UK student studying in the UK.

(Also - woo! Another Lincoln girl! :smile: )
Reply 2
Becca-Sarah
Scottish degrees are a year longer because they can leave school after their equivalent of AS levels, so it means they graduate at the same age as English degree students.

I believe you receive the same funding - you're a UK student studying in the UK.

(Also - woo! Another Lincoln girl! :smile: )

Thanks for the info :smile:

Oh woah haha you are a long way away from home! aww bet you don't miss little old Lincoln :p:
Tilie
Thanks for the info :smile:

Oh woah haha you are a long way away from home! aww bet you don't miss little old Lincoln :p:

I defo miss it! But the Cathedral is on Antiques Roadshow this week so I can see it :tongue:

Latest