The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not really, I don't even like learning about catholisism and I am one (sort of.)
Reply 2
Mann18
Not really, I don't even like learning about catholisism and I am one (sort of.)

Haha, Islam is much easier to understand, it actually makes sense :smile:
Reply 3
The_0001
Haha, Islam is much easier to understand, it actually makes sense :smile:

Lol, catholisism makes sense too, I just don't like learning about all the differing aspects of it, now buddhism, thats a religion thats hard to understand...
Reply 4
The_0001
Hi there, I just wanted to know if there were any persons interested in finding about what Islam actually is, beyond the veneer created by the press and extremists alike?

Could I please get a big mac, small large fries and an orange coke.

Thank you.
Reply 5
Mann18
Lol, catholisism makes sense too, I just don't like learning about all the differing aspects of it, now buddhism, thats a religion thats hard to understand...

Care to explain Catholisism to me? :smile:
Reply 6
Gueirguiy

Thank you.

???
Reply 7
No, we already did than in school in like Year 3.
Reply 8
G8D
I seriously couldn't care less about it.

Are you blind?
Gueirguiy

Thank you.

There's only one person in the world who'd order an orange Coke.

Reply 10
The_0001
Care to explain Catholisism to me? :smile:

Aiight, heres a broken down version of it. Jesus was the son of God. Jesus then died for our sins, opened the gates of heaven and hell and then was reincarnated. Then he floated away on a cloud back to heaven and gave the disciples the holy spirit. The disciples/apostles made the catholic church and I think Paul became the first Pope (might have been Peter, I get confused.) Thats basically it, we also believe in transubstantiation (that the wine at mass turns into Jesus' blood) and that marriage ends only on death (i.e. no divorces, just annulments if you can get one.)

Thats basically it, anyone who has a problem with it, please reply and cut me down, I could have made mistakes. Care to explain Islam to me? :smile:
No thanks, I prefer discovering these things on my own
Mann18

Yeah I found that too... I think its because its not really a religion, more of a moral standpoint, so theres no hard and fast rules, just lots and lots of suggestions?

But Im not too interested in other religions, beyond wanting to know the basics.
Reply 13
I hate Islam. Worst thing ever invented.
Reply 14
lordbonney
Yeah I found that too... I think its because its not really a religion, more of a moral standpoint, so theres no hard and fast rules, just lots and lots of suggestions?

But Im not too interested in other religions, beyond wanting to know the basics.

Yep, I mean the basics are simple I guess, but theres a lot of scripture and the more abstract ideas (like shunyata and alaya-vijana) are very hard to comprehend and explain... it's a problem I'll have to face in January
To the most educated people, it is only natural to be curious.
No.

Religion schmeligion
Reply 17
No.
Reply 18
G8D
No I see perfectly and freely, part of the reason why I don't care.

Religion is blind, I am not.

I agree in part with this, lots of what religion dictates is out of date with today, and I think that relative moral values will put you in better stead than a strong sense of religion.
Reply 19
The_0001
Hi there, I just wanted to know if there were any persons interested in finding about what Islam actually is, beyond the veneer created by the press and extremists alike?

nahh not really interested anymore..
learnt about it in gcses along with christianity . . .
would've rather learn about hinduism and buddhism to be honest...

Latest

Trending

Trending