The Student Room Group

urgent help needed - 1,000 word essay - structure

Hi Guys!

Right I was just wondering if someone could give me some clarification here! Basically I am a first year doing my first essay for my philosophy degree and it is to be 1,000 words in length. I'm really confused on how I should structure it. How many words should I be looking to write roguhly for the introduction and conclusion, and how many arguments am I expected to write within this word limit? And how many quotes approximately? Would really appreciate some advice! thanks :smile:
LittleRed
Hi Guys!

Right I was just wondering if someone could give me some clarification here! Basically I am a first year doing my first essay for my philosophy degree and it is to be 1,000 words in length. I'm really confused on how I should structure it. How many words should I be looking to write roguhly for the introduction and conclusion, and how many arguments am I expected to write within this word limit? And how many quotes approximately? Would really appreciate some advice! thanks :smile:

Very little introduction outlining any assumptions needed for your essay.
Very meaty midsection containing the main argument of your essay.
Very little summary to end with.
1000 word essays are very tricky. :smile:
Reply 2
sounds something like what i ended up doing! hopefully i'll have done alright! thanks :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending