The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4280
Original post by addylad
Race on Sunday, went through 5 miles in 29:03. Now hoping to run 28:30-45 or faster today for an official 5 mile PB!

Nice one! I see you know my friend Jonny Mellor (twitter :tongue: )
Reply 4281
Original post by Yellow-nutshell
I ran 8.2 miles! This is the furthest I've run! :woo:

It makes me think that I might be able to actually finish the half marathon in June after all!

Well done!! Keep up the good work :biggrin:
Original post by extons
Well done!! Keep up the good work :biggrin:

Thank you! :smile:
Just need an extra 5 miles haha. Although my knee hurts now :sad:
Victoria Park 5 mile race this Saturday. Arguably one of the best in the country for the distance! Hoping for mid to low 27.

Prep work admittedly not going amazing though, it's getting to track season and training for 5 milers doesn't really help! Oh well.
Reply 4284
Thank you! :smile:
Just need an extra 5 miles haha. Although my knee hurts now :sad:

Hope it's ok! We did 14 miles on the trails / fells last night pretty quick - legs are feeling it this am!! :tongue:
Original post by extons
Hope it's ok! We did 14 miles on the trails / fells last night pretty quick - legs are feeling it this am!! :tongue:

14!? Sighhh I WISH I could run that far already. Nice one!
14!? Sighhh I WISH I could run that far already. Nice one!

Me too! One day :redface:
Has anyone tried Vibram Five Fingers yet?
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
Me too! One day :redface:

I have a deadline of June to reach 13 miles :eek:
Reply 4289
Keep working at it guys - hard work is key to success in endurance running!
Reply 4290
Original post by extons

Incredible!
Original post by extons
Nice one! I see you know my friend Jonny Mellor (twitter :tongue: )

Thanks, and yep, he helps out at the Halewood 5k, which I'm hoping to race soon.

Ended up running 28:26 - very happy with it! 40 secs off my PB, and hoping to get a minute off by the end of the season.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4292
Getting better and better each time I run :smile:. Doing 30 day shred workout on my days off. Seeing the changes!
Anyone ever had their arms feel dead after running hard for a while. I was doing circuits and my arms just got sooo heavy I hope i'm not the only one :frown:

Does anyone have any arm exercises? :smile:
ran with a backpack today... biggest mistake of my life :colonhash:
Original post by mrshinyshoes
Anyone ever had their arms feel dead after running hard for a while. I was doing circuits and my arms just got sooo heavy I hope i'm not the only one :frown:

Does anyone have any arm exercises? :smile:

Everything feels dead when I run :colondollar:

I've been doing loads of arm workouts at the gym. Today, my triceps are BURNING :colone:

Just youtube some vids. Can always replace weights for household items (hello jars of ragu!).
Reply 4296
Personally...my arms are like sticks! Seriously I have no arm strength at all :tongue:
Original post by magdaplaysbass
ran with a backpack today... biggest mistake of my life :colonhash:

Oh god i did that in a 50 mile race i entered it wasn't a pleasant experience i felt like i was going to die.
Original post by Emissionspectra
Oh god i did that in a 50 mile race i entered it wasn't a pleasant experience i felt like i was going to die.

50 miles?? :gasp: i only ran like 3 and regretted it after 5 minutes. won't be doing that again, haha.
Original post by magdaplaysbass
50 miles?? :gasp: i only ran like 3 and regretted it after 5 minutes. won't be doing that again, haha.

keep at it, its fun :P

Latest