The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Running is my weakest part of my fitness atm, and I hate it. I'm doing Fartlek training to build up my stamina though, so hopefully in a month or so I'll see a difference.
Soo cold!

Just went out to do a 10 minute run before work (the route is about 0.7k and I can manage 0.5k so nice and easy) got home and the door was locked!! Had work in 3/4 of an hour as well :frown: had to run into town (about a mile but mostly downhill thankfully) in my leggings, grab some keys from my boyfriends mum and run back (this time all up hill!). Got home within half hour but just called work and said I'd be half an hour late.

Jeez... freezing now as well
Reply 142
manx1991
Soo cold!

Just went out to do a 10 minute run before work (the route is about 0.7k and I can manage 0.5k so nice and easy) got home and the door was locked!! Had work in 3/4 of an hour as well :frown: had to run into town (about a mile but mostly downhill thankfully) in my leggings, grab some keys from my boyfriends mum and run back (this time all up hill!). Got home within half hour but just called work and said I'd be half an hour late.

Jeez... freezing now as well

Unlucky!

I just went on a run before, my arms were frozen at the start but ~5mins in I had warmed up a little. The run I do is around 3 and a half miles and I usually do it in a little over 20 minutes, I really need to get properly fit.
Today is my day off as I ran tues and weds. I will run again tomorrow xxx
manx1991
Seriously? You like the Nike+? I found it so annoying- even though it's great for the website, it just didn't seem very accurate. Saying that, I did want the heart rate monitor as well which I got with my garmin :smile:

Yeh! I really do :smile: Maybe its just the fatc its a cool running gadget that i love it so much ha but i don't stop goign on about it to my friends. I always challenge my sis too. :p:
OOOO.. the heart rate monitor is coooooool.
By the way... ran 13km in snow today... so cooool. :tongue:
ran about 30mins in the snow, thought the route I did would take longer but didnt really.
Reply 147
Just posted a very interesting documentary about marathon running, thought you guys would appreciate it:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1125644
Reply 148
Started my jogging again last night after a month or so off.. found it really hard in the cold weather, my breathing was terrible.. my lungs felt like they were burning... :frown:
ran again this morning! so so cold! xxx
Reply 150
Did my first run since like the summer holidays. Managed to run 10k, although I was intitially aiming for 5k. Ran it in 45minutes. I'm proud. :smug:
think today will be a day off running. Will try and dance or skip later and I am walking into town to do shopping in a bit. I hate being in revising all day.
Reply 152
Is it really snowy where you guys are? I haven't been able to go running for a few days. Really annoying.
its really snowy here, like walking boots snowy.
might have to take up ski-ing again
:biggrin:
Reply 154
same the snow is really annoying. And then it turns to ice so its even more dangerous to run on. Argh!
Going to attempt to run tomorrow morning!
Reply 156
Did a 45 minute run in the snow tonight. LOVE it! I'm pretty far North, so we've been having snow for a couple of weeks too and it's really deep and powdery. Hope it keeps snowing for awhile yet!
Running n00b here.

I'm a rugby player, so am used to exercise etc, but not so used to extended running. Invasion games usually consist of short sprints rather than continuous jogging.

Are there any athsma sufferers? I've found it really difficult in the cold air to run comfortably. I take my inhaler before I go but it still hits me quite badly after 10 minutes or so :frown:

I suppose there's not much I can do about it but I thought I'd have a little whinge.

Also, if I were to enter races, where do you think is the best place to start? 10k in a couple of months? Half marathon maybe late summer/autumn time?
running today hopefully at about 4.30.
xx
Reply 159
manx1991
Seriously? You like the Nike+? I found it so annoying- even though it's great for the website, it just didn't seem very accurate. Saying that, I did want the heart rate monitor as well which I got with my garmin :smile:

I got the nike+ a couple of weeks ago now and have run 50km + in them so have given them a good test out, and I;ve got to say i've found them pretty good too!!! I'd say they're pretty much accurate within perhaps 0.5 km's or something from knowing how far the routes etc i normally go are. Anyway time im sure will tell, but for now I'm impressed and find them a great motivator whilst im on my run too!

A note - i;ve got the wristband although i do still run with my ipod, but for anyone looking to invest the wristband is recommendable as apparantly the nike+ drains the battery of ipods very quickly, so if you're doing long distance then it could run out and stop recording your run!

First run of the year today - 11.29km in 58 mins, looking at working towards a half marathon in May, so lots of time to get the distance and time i'm looking to down easily!

I've also got a fitness blog - Running into 2010... Emma's blog. Maybe people with the same kind of goals can post there too!

Happy new year! x

Latest