The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I do enjoy smoking it occasionally; it smells fantastic if you get the right flavor...but it's like anything else, do it every now and then and it won't hurt you in the long run, do it all the time and you're going to see the consequences eventually.
It's all about harm to pleasure ratio, so throw some sticky buds in the mix in order to crank up the pleasure:headbang:
I don't know but I can tell you for a fact that smoking shisha is both lame and hilarious. Not a medicine or dentistry student, are you? Ahaha.. I used to find it utterly hilarious going to a party, and there they'd all be, sat round their little shisha-bong.
Reply 23
Tastes like ******* dust.

What is the point of it??
Reply 24
ive heard its more harmfull.. apparently smokin 1 shisha is equivalent to a 20 deck of fags... but duno if its true.. just wat ive heard
soapy47
I'm a shisha addict..if I'm not smoking at home then I'm smoking outside..:smokin: I own 13 hookahs at home and I go smoke outside almost everyday and there's a crap place near my uni where I often go too :bumps:

But now I've been hearing that it's damaging even more so than cigarettes..is this true or are people just trying to scare me? I've been smoking it since the age of 13 so I guess I'm ****** if it's true..:surprise:

I'm just tryna figure out whether I'd actually stop even if it is true :tongue:imp:

Haha. Are you one of those bait Asians who doesn't drink/do drugs but is super cool because they smoke Shisha?
I think shisha is a waste of money and time but thats my opinion.
It is harmful. Before people assumed it wasn't harmful as the water acted as a filter. However, recent research has indicated it can actually be worse than smoking a cigarette. Some research showed it was way more deadly than cigarettes.

Shisha tends to be what arabs and arab wannabe's (pakistani and indian muslims) smoke alot. I suggest you kick the habit and take up alcohol, feels much better :smile:
Reply 28
didn't know it was addictive to be fair.... I'm very sure it is harmful
Reply 29
Nooooo, not at all! Smoke away luv!
Well I used to smoke it a bit with my flatmate, but there's a few things to consider.

Are you smoking flavoured tobacco or are you smoking something else, like flavoured herbal molasses?

The latter is what we used to smoke, and contains no tar / nicotine and half of the other **** you get in tobacco.

I was also led to beleive that by drawing the smoke through the water, the smoke itself is somewhat cleaner.

All in all I'd find it hard to believe that smoking molasses through a hookah can be any worse than smoking a ciggarette!
beefmaster
i disagree, in many countries shisha is smoked on a daily basis by vast numbers of people, some even twice or more daily!!

yeah i meant in this country, though when i went backpacking in Syria, one of the travellers actually said him and his friends smoke it once a week, though yeah there are lots of people who smoke it on a regular basis. i guess its just like going for a ciggarette in the UK
Phantom_X
yeah i meant in this country, though when i went backpacking in Syria, one of the travellers actually said him and his friends smoke it once a week, though yeah there are lots of people who smoke it on a regular basis. i guess its just like going for a ciggarette in the UK

when I was living in Syria there were people who had 1 a day, or sometimes 2 a day! crazy!
Reply 33
legendstar
bbc had to retract that statement...

has it?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8214097.stm
It can be.
Reply 35
nah; even if it is, who cares, keep smoking :smokin: :cool:

on a side note, give me one of your 13 hookahs :king3:
Reply 36
yea, iv just been Turkey, and there were ppl who spend most the day there with apple tea and a "water pipe".
Even if it is/isnt bad for u, think of how much (accumulated) time u would have wasted: isn't that harmful...
Reply 37
Mali Singh
yea, iv just been Turkey, and there were ppl who spend most the day there with apple tea and a "water pipe".
Even if it is/isnt bad for u, think of how much (accumulated) time u would have wasted: isn't that harmful...

time spent having fun \neq time wasted. remember that.
Reply 38
Nfixlol
time spent having fun \neq time wasted. remember that.

meh, I suppose but doing it for this length of time, I still see it as time that u could be doing better stuff with...
Mali Singh
meh, I suppose but doing it for this length of time, I still see it as time that u could be doing better stuff with...

Define what you mean by 'better stuff', it's entirely subjective.

Latest

Trending

Trending