The Student Room Group
Reply 1
'How to Pass Higher history' is good, and if you want, I have tons of notes I've just typed up for that topic (i've got the road to war and german unification) and I can post them up for you if it's any help.

For answering the question, just write a paragraph or two as an introduction which repeats the question and introduces what you'll talk about, and also gives a context - eg,

What caused the rise in the Nazis popularity?
Intro - During the years of __ to __ there was a significant rise in the popularity of the Nazis. (Then put context, eg, after WWI, treaty of versailles resentment, economic depression).Their rise was down to (treaty of versailles, hitler's charisma, policies etc).
Then each thing you've listed as a cause in your intro, you put as a paragraph.
sorry, don't know if i've written that very clearly :p:
Reply 2
I too am doing this topic, your teacher should explain how to answer them but basically for most questions you have four paragraphs.

Into - This is when you state if the source is Primary or Secondary
Para 1 - Information from the source
Para 2 - Recalled knowledge
Conclusion - Revist the question
Reply 3
star_zone
I too am doing this topic, your teacher should explain how to answer them but basically for most questions you have four paragraphs.

Into - This is when you state if the source is Primary or Secondary
Para 1 - Information from the source
Para 2 - Recalled knowledge
Conclusion - Revist the question

In the introduction make sure you right who it was written by, i.e Churchill, who he was, and when it was written also. These questions are easy marks, i found. So make sure you do them correctly.

Also, if I remember correctly there's different formulas for different types of questions, like how useful questions etc, can't remember the other types, lol. 2 years ago now :frown: My teacher was excellent at teaching this sort of stuff but really it's no different from int 2 and you should know most of the information from then. Also what I did was went through the past papers and looked at the answers for the recall and put them under headings, really there's only so much they can ask, if you get what I mean?

Latest

Trending

Trending