The Student Room Group

unsure with what to do

I'm currently in year 12 and I'm thinking of unis to apply for, however, my current grades aren't amazing (currently AAB from A*A*A) as my mental health has greatly impacted them.
But I want to stay in London for uni and I want to avoid moving out of home (mainly because my parents are against it) so I'm looking at unis such as Goldsmith and Rhul for law. my wish was to go to a Russell group but I'm hoping I can do that instead for my master's.
Goldsmith and Rhul both seem like pretty good unis for llb law and I'm leaning towards Goldsmith since it's closer to home.
considering my circumstances I think it'll be better to stay at home to appease my parents and keep my mental health in check. And compromise on a non-Russell London uni (since russell london unis that do law are insanely competitive, leaving me with fewer options) with hopes of going ucl/qmul etc for master's, any advice, please?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Try go for qmul, they don’t require an lnat score
Reply 2
Original post by vivismith
I'm currently in year 12 and I'm thinking of unis to apply for, however, my current grades aren't amazing (currently AAB from A*A*A) as my mental health has greatly impacted them.
But I want to stay in London for uni and I want to avoid moving out of home (mainly because my parents are against it) so I'm looking at unis such as Goldsmith and Rhul for law. my wish was to go to a Russell group but I'm hoping I can do that instead for my master's.
Goldsmith and Rhul both seem like pretty good unis for llb law and I'm leaning towards Goldsmith since it's closer to home.
considering my circumstances I think it'll be better to stay at home to appease my parents and keep my mental health in check. And compromise on a non-Russell London uni (since russell london unis that do law are insanely competitive, leaving me with fewer options) with hopes of going ucl/qmul etc for master's, any advice, please?

If its possible (and if your school will support you), you might be able to apply for extenuating circumstances or have your school send a letter to qmul explaining why your grades are lower because of health reasons. If your personal statement is good and you can show that you really are passionate about law, I'm sure they would want to take you! This might not be possible, but it would be good to see if someone at school could help, as they know your academic potential. It might also be good to visit some of the other unis or get into contact with them to see whether they would lower entry requirements/ be more flexible with you, worst case scenario is that they'll say no, best case is that they'll make adjustments for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending