The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

okay so i've kinda changed my paths of what im thinking. i was thinking maybe doing my ee in history.
Can the South African apartheid be considered genocide?
Reply 181
ive done my ee in history...but from what ive heard, its rather hard to receive very high marks there just because so many ppl are actually doing their extendeds in the subject. Could it be true or is it just a notorious rumour?
saray
ive done my ee in history...but from what ive heard, its rather hard to receive very high marks there just because so many ppl are actually doing their extendeds in the subject. Could it be true or is it just a notorious rumour?

Our IB coordinator said history and languages are the subjects where ppl usually get the best result related to the amount of work they put into it... But maybe that's just the tutors in our school or sth like that. Anyways, in maths it is suposed to be like impossible to get an A. (But then again, that too might just be a rumor :p: )
Reply 183
mine is:"fermat´s last theorem and its influence in the Histoy of Mathematics"
it is maths.....that´s right
Reply 184
nice...
Reply 185
Santorini
nice...

mine??.....
yes, nice and difficult i would say....
Reply 186
mine is the effects of addictives on polyelectrolyte and ionomer (?) i dont know if i can do both...so i gotta ask my IBC...
anyway guys good luck
I did mine in Biology.
I was investigating whether probioic products with "friendly" bacteria in them, actually work or not. Results werent that great, and has taken ages to get all my research etc.
If you have a bio teacher that knows what he/she is doing, then its a gd subject to do it in because you can get lots of primary data very easily by just doing experiments and you can be critical which gives you a lot of marks!
Reply 188
I did my EE in History HL. It was entitled: Trading principles: How and why did the Norwegian Labour Party shift its policy towards Leon Trotskij during his sojourn in Norway June 1935 -December 1936.

It was probably one of the coolest experiences ever as it allowed my to actually research something that has rarely been written extensively about. In the end I had some 8 primary sources and 3-4 secondary. It was really fun spending countless hours in the university library examining government newspapers from 1935 and the nazi newspapers as well as the conservatives. I think I all in all analysed some 130 newspaper articles. Ended up having some 50 citations/references. Finally I felt that I was actually doing something in the IB:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 189
I did mine in History...the topic was smth like: To what extent was Jozef Tiso Responsible for the Solution of the Jewish Question in Slovakia from 1938-1945?
Reply 190
Mine is in Chemistry - "How does temperature affect the intermolecular forces acting upon propanols, and how does this relationship depend upon the number and position of OH groups along the carbon chain?"
Reply 191
I did mine in Business and it was interesting and it turned out to be a strong essay. Well more of a Business report than an essay..You dont really write Business essays but I was wondering if anyone sent their EE of to any of their unis? I hear that if you write a good EE and the Uni accepts additional information it can be a plus but how many of you actually did that? Im thinking about it but im gonna have to do this sooner than later if you know what i mean..
Reply 192
Can someone please write more on doing their ee in Biology. sophiehardman helped a lot. Im doing mine in Bio aswell. mine is quite complecated im not sure yet if i should try and start my own experiment because the kind of thing i would like to do is already a big project where i live and i could get involved in that. sorry this might be a bit too complicated but does anyone know whether you can get good marks by kind of studying and using results from a big environmental project already happening? please help me out on this one I'm a bit stuck. thank you :confused:
hi gys i m doin in economics and i never did economics in my life. the title is like "is vanilla a better substitute for opium"?

any ideas gys, like some points worth addin.
my problem is that when i wrote a rough draft few weeks back it was lookin more like a ee in business and management.

pls heeeelp..
-----------------------
IB maths, physics, business -Higher

chemistry, english a1, spanish-standard
HELP .... i picked a topic ... How did Hitler carry out his "Final Solution"?, but i have to narrow it down further ... and im at a loss as how to do this ...
Reply 195
This is a question for all you guys that did your ees in history: in case youve got a topic that is really connected to your personal background, should this somehow be made evident? For me it was like this. I chose to base my research on the Yugoslavian relations with the West since im from sweden but i have my roots in Yugoslavia. Therefore i thought that it would be interesting to study the country's/region's history. Now, after a lot o thinking me and my supervisor came to the conclusion that i wouldnt write anything about this in the essay...but first we had reasoned that doing this would show much personal input...In the end though i didnt refer to anything of this. Was it a mistake? What do you think?
Reply 196
Ok I need help we are supposed to be picking our topics, any ideaa for History or ITGS. I'm kinda lost.
Were witches actually burnt at stake in the past? :confused: Idea developing....
Reply 197
HEY!!!!
well...i'm in my last year...and i have to do my Tok presentaion sooon....anyone has a good idea on what i should do it on.....an easy topic probably something in science or math or history.....i have absolutely NO idea......help :P
thx
Reply 198
IBMaster
HEY!!!!
well...i'm in my last year...and i have to do my Tok presentaion sooon....anyone has a good idea on what i should do it on.....an easy topic probably something in science or math or history.....i have absolutely NO idea......help :P
thx

kinda wrong threat ain't it? :biggrin:
Reply 199
maski
Can someone please write more on doing their ee in Biology. sophiehardman helped a lot. Im doing mine in Bio aswell. mine is quite complecated im not sure yet if i should try and start my own experiment because the kind of thing i would like to do is already a big project where i live and i could get involved in that. sorry this might be a bit too complicated but does anyone know whether you can get good marks by kind of studying and using results from a big environmental project already happening? please help me out on this one I'm a bit stuck. thank you :confused:

In theory, as long as you have enough data from the project and know how it was carried out etc. it shouldn't be a problem. However, the IB do like to see that you've done some experimentation by yourself, even if it's just a small something to supplement the data and research you have collected elsewhere.

I'm doing my extended essay on the efficiency on naturopathic and homeopathic sedatives on daphnia, and although I have an experiment carried out myself, I have used results from other studies in my report. Check with your Biology teacher, and ask if you can get the IB Biology extended essay guidelines, to make sure you'll be okay using someone else's data.

Latest

Trending

Trending