The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I Have aquestion taht everyone has probably heard before ... well actually two:

1. Is this a good Extended Essay Topic for ITGS (Information Technology...)
"An investigation on effective government policies regarding web-based social networks, otherwise, “blogs”."

2. Do you have any idea where I can find any ITGS E.E. actual examples... becasu e I have foud for biology, computer science, history, physics and chemistry but none on ITGs... any ideas??? please... :biggrin: :confused:
Reply 381
charlie_ebv
I Have aquestion taht everyone has probably heard before ... well actually two:

1. Is this a good Extended Essay Topic for ITGS (Information Technology...)
"An investigation on effective government policies regarding web-based social networks, otherwise, “blogs”."

2. Do you have any idea where I can find any ITGS E.E. actual examples... becasu e I have foud for biology, computer science, history, physics and chemistry but none on ITGs... any ideas??? please... :biggrin: :confused:

completely agree with number 2! only i need ones for physics. damn google... it doesnt ever give you exactly what you want!!
ps. im new to this thing, its extremely confusing :s: can i join an ib group or something?
Optimistic
Anyone else having trouble cutting their essay down to 4000 words?

Yes. I had to change and narrow my title about 3 times to restrict it to 4,000 words. but then again I did mine in Eng A1 so there's so much you can talk about.
english is easy in the sense that you dont need any primary data at all :smile:
Mine is in Geography (HL)...'HafenCity Hamburg/Germany-A zone of assimilation or the destruction of culture and tradition?' So basically an argument of pros and cons, and at the end I will argue in favour of the development (in a slightly biased way, because nearly all my family are from Hamburg):p: ...
HafenCity is currently the largest European inner city development project, started in 2001 and due for completion in 2022. It will have many many offices, luxury riverview apartments and tourist attractions, such as an aquarium, science centre, parks, restaurants and clubs. It also already hosts Hamburg's international cruise terminal (where Queen Mary 2 docked twice within the least 2 years).

Tim (-:
Reply 385
heya:suitc:
i justtt joined the student room
im halfway through my ib diploma program
got my ee to hand in 5th sept
im doing it in french
no idea how to formulate my topic..but i know its along the lines of :
La litterature de l absurde a travers les oeuvres de Sartre et Camus (and somehow this linked to the whole existentionalism way of thought)

anyone else doing it on French litterature??

i really do not know where to start i ve read the books and i am currently researching for websites on the whole existentialism theories ....
is there any Ib groups i could join?:suitc:
Reply 386
La litterature de l absurde a travers les oeuvres de Sartre et Camus

Cool.
fgewrniogbbjrwqhgiorqghirqeo'!!!

English.
Sylvia Plath. Something about bell jar. sex. female conformity in american literature/ violence..

I had decided months and months ago but now i keep changing and i can't get started and it's all totally ruined. Damn my procrastinatory perfectionism.
Representations of sex and death in 'The Bell Jar'
goddessxx
I'm thinking about doing mine in History (entering Year 1 in september), but I'm actually taking History SL because I have four HLs already.

Will not taking History HL affect my ee?

IT shouldnt do. History HL and SL only differ in the number of paper and amount of material you cover. teh skills you use in an EE is the same.
Reply 390
hey,
)medieval border warfare in britain)
im starting my second year n havnt written a word,
any help on getting started is welcome????????????????????
Reply 391
Mine is on ITGS: How will wireless networks impact of the future of education within Oman?

Oman is the country im studying the IB in :smile:

finished my first draft.. and now working on the other draft!!

cheers/
Reply 392
Doing mine in History

To what degree did solidarity help in the weakening, and eventual abolishment, of the Communist regime in Poland?

Anybody know whether this topic has been overdone?
What is the relationship between genetic predisposition and socialization in language development in children?

so kind of a psych. topic, even if I'm not taking psych. as an IB subject.
it's really cool because I get to look at cases of feral children and isolates, as well as read loads of Noam Chomsky :p:
harpy
Representations of sex and death in 'The Bell Jar'

coolest. topic. ever. (in my humble opinion)
amelie3007
coolest. topic. ever. (in my humble opinion)

... it's changed now. title's even better, i think.

"The sexualisation of death in 'The Bell Jar'."

mmmmhmm.
I just have to write the damn thing now... god.
ah...yes...spend loads of time to think up of a title and you realise you actually have to *Write* the essay!! :smile: Good luck people!!
Reply 397
Oh wow I remember looking at this thread way back when I deciding on my question! Not sure if I actually posted it or not but I did mine in Psychology - 'To what extent is schizophrenia a genetically inherent disorder?' At the risk of sounding geeky, it was really interesting to do lol! Although the first draft was over 1500 words too long so it involved a LOT of editing.
@deeds i just did a simlar essay to that but in English lol I went to senate house library and they had lodas of french books on that. although i wanted to compare kafka and camus i had loads about that satre guy, so yeah there are loads of books on it if you look around a bit
Hey, I'm a first year IB sutdent, just started with school actually, had only three weeks of it, and they got us started on the EE.
I was thinking of biology and more specifically- comparison of the different types of human blood, but I think it might be too broad, the other one was- comparing different types of animals blood, or eventually something with genetics or something about the human body basically

Latest

Trending

Trending