The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
your EE is NOT moderated it is EXTERNALLY ASSESSED by examiners. Your teacher can only give you a prediction. What your actual mark is is entirely dependant on your examiner!

I always though it is the same as with the IA... Nevetheless, I hope it will be assessed similarly as I need this B.
Reply 781
really ur teacher actually assessed it? mine only fixed my spelling and grammar mistakes:eek:
Yes your teacher gives you predictions, (isnt that what goes into your predicted grades?). Mine's in English A1.
Reply 783
What your teacher does or doesnt is totally up to him as long as your essay remains your own work! Thats basically what he is supposed to do, to check that you do not cheat!
Mine was: "To what extend did post colonial language affect African culture and society" [English B]
And for all you new guys, dont do it in English B because you have no idea what they want from you!!!
bierdose

And for all you new guys, dont do it in English B because you have no idea what they want from you!!!

lol you would if you read the criteria for EEs in Language B. I'm sure there must be a guide for it. Which must tell you what kind of things they're looking for
Reply 785
bierdose

they want an argument:smile: I think you have the advantage when doing Language B, because there is no scientific, Historical, or Literary Terminology. So they will be more lineant with their correcting. and HMS is right:smile: look at the criteria;yes; I did mine in Arabic B and I have to say it was pretty easy compared to my friends doing chem:hahaha:
Reply 786
'Was Switzerland neutral in World War Two?'

For History HL.
zitwep
'Was Switzerland neutral in World War Two?'

For History HL.

interesting. what makes you think it wasn't?
Reply 788
I am not sure if I have posted my EE topic on here yet.
Well, mine is in Geography.
I wish I did Chem or even Bio.
I hate my Extended Essay.
So, drum rolll!!!!
“Compare and contrast how rural and urban landscapes affect the water quality and environment of the Barwon River, Australia.”
Biology:
The Effect On The Growth And Development Of Lathyrus odoratus (Sweet Pea) When Inoculated With Rhizobium Bacteria :>.<:

i just came up with a smartsy fartsy title - it actually makes no sense....totally screwed. and i no im screwed so i came up with a back up:

The Effects of the Plant Hormone Auxin On The Growth And Development Of Pelargonium crispum (Lemon geranium) After Fragmentation :eek3:

which is also completely nuts but hey, ill work on it over the summer...gotta get those plants growing tho!!!!;rip;
Reply 790
toothpaste
Biology:
The Effect On The Growth And Development Of Lathyrus odoratus (Sweet Pea) When Inoculated With Rhizobium Bacteria :>.<:

i just came up with a smartsy fartsy title - it actually makes no sense....totally screwed. and i no im screwed so i came up with a back up:

The Effects of the Plant Hormone Auxin On The Growth And Development Of Pelargonium crispum (Lemon geranium) After Fragmentation :eek3:

which is also completely nuts but hey, ill work on it over the summer...gotta get those plants growing tho!!!!;rip;

Prepare to spend time on (re-)growing the plants and getting that data :smile: Do NOT leave it for after the summer!
okay so i know that it's gonna be in biology and i'm looking to do something in genetics but i'm not sure what i could do, if anybody has some ideas on what i could do or how i could find a topic, pleeeaaassse help :confused:
i kno i want to do my EE topic on repression. at first i thought i would look at the different effects on peoples lifes there are after uncovering repressed memories but i dont really think i can find anything on that. i'm getting the impression that the topic has to be something "controversial" or maybe thats just for history? i thought maybe i might change it to look at the different perspectives on repression between like freud and elizabeth loftus.

hmm. i dunno. any help:confused:
Reply 793
I wrote mine in Biology:

Comparing the allelopathic effects of Eucalyptus globulus and Taxus baccata on a monocotyledonous plant (Zea mays) and a dicotyledonous plant (Pisum sativum).

Sounds pretentious, I know :biggrin:
Eva
Prepare to spend time on (re-)growing the plants and getting that data :smile: Do NOT leave it for after the summer!

lol thnks for the advice :smile: . its just that i think my topic is so feeble its like saying i wonder wat will happen to the plants if i put them in acid :confused: ? i mean i want something with more substance so i dont wanna jump into it fully yet...im looking for something...oh dare i say...more "biologically smart"? i sound like such a tart. :p:
Reply 795
toothpaste
lol thnks for the advice :smile: . its just that i think my topic is so feeble its like saying i wonder wat will happen to the plants if i put them in acid :confused: ? i mean i want something with more substance so i dont wanna jump into it fully yet...im looking for something...oh dare i say...more "biologically smart"? i sound like such a tart. :p:

And that's what you should do. It's so much easier to write the essay if you actually have proper (amount of) data ;yes; Plus it's a lot more interesting for you if you do the essay on something not too obvious and so actually 'get involved' in it...So don't just go for the easier experiment - afterall you're an IB student ;laugh; And the title is what makes the first impression (which we all know is VERY important).
IMO it's quite obvious if someone's trying too hard to get even the minimum amount of words down. Now that would not be a 'biologically smart' essay, lol.
If you've gone through the method and think it's doable, then you should be fine with your topics.
Reply 796
I wrote mine in History HL about the impact of the American occupation on the Geishas in Japan. Glad its over!
Hello everyone, I just had a couple of questions about the EE...
I was planning to do it in Math but I don't know exactly what to do for it.
If for example I was doing it about some random theorem...do I have to prove it, show possible applications...? The guide isn't that clear on it...
I would also appreciate if you wrote out any topics you know people did...
tys
dragonmaster7912
Hello everyone, I just had a couple of questions about the EE...
I was planning to do it in Math but I don't know exactly what to do for it.
If for example I was doing it about some random theorem...do I have to prove it, show possible applications...? The guide isn't that clear on it...
I would also appreciate if you wrote out any topics you know people did...
tys

You don't have to prove math theorems. they dont expect you to be that brilliant. say, you don't have to prove fermat's last theorem or any unsolved/unproved impossible theorem out there.

that said...I'm not really sure what you are supposed to do with a math EE. maybe aimee could help out? (that's aimee_22 if you want to PM her :p:)
toothpaste

Hmmm, if u want to do EE in Biology and something about plants, I have an idea for you, try to do germination on different seeds, and investigate how does the size of the seed effects the germination rate under different conditions. We were doing germination for lab report, and we noticed that although the white beans are larger in size their roots and stems are smaller than in chickpea seeds. But since we all finished our EE, nobody used this idea and our teacher said that it would have been excellent topic because it is easy and smart at the same time. So try and think about it, but do research in the beginning :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending