The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Mine is in Chemistry... The synthesis of aspirin: under which catalyst is there the biggest yield.
I'm doing character development in JM Coetzee's 'Disgrace', and how they are affected by post-apartheid South Africa. I think the title will require some tweaking :rolleyes: I'm currently 2,000 words into it.

-Becs
Reply 82
ad_infinitum87
I'm doing character development in JM Coetzee's 'Disgrace', and how they are affected by post-apartheid South Africa. I think the title will require some tweaking :rolleyes: I'm currently 2,000 words into it.

That sounds really interesting. I did my oral presentation on Byron and the Poetry of the Romantics in Disgrace, focussing primarily on the allusions made to 'So We'll Go No More A Roving'.
Reply 83
You can really write about a topic u aren't studying? I didn't know that. How do you find out the rules for what you can write about? I'm (maybe) starting in sept so it doesn't really affect me yet, im just curious.
Reply 84
Its about Chilean writer, Isabel Allende's novel Eva Luna
Reply 85
My schools just started IB, I am in the first class. Our native language is Spanish and Foreign language is English. Are you allowerd to write the EE in the foreign language if you take the class in your native language? I.e., I have computer science in Spanish, but I want to write my EE in English since I speak and write it better....
Reply 86
ASNaC
Finally one thing which often impresses examiners but it not a prerequisite to do well, is dealiing with primary sources, particularly in their original language.

That is so very true.. It's also the reason why my topic deals with the "note crisis" of Finland in 1961 (cold war), how the party press responded to it and why. The topic sounds a bit weird but the situation was quite flammable at the time, so it's actually pretty interesting.
I'm not sure if it's good enough though, but it doesn't really matter cuz I'm kinda hoping to score a B from this and an A from the TOK essay (since that would still mean full 3 marks). The first draft deadline is a week from tomorrow and I just started writing it (came here for some inspiration :smile:)..

About writing the EE on something you don't study.. Does it also mean that I can write it on a subject that isn't studied in my school (say, psychology)?
Reply 87
did mine in physics, "how does the snow type affect the way the snowboard slides downhill"

(pretty cool coz I got to go to the mountains about 8 times that winter) :wink:
i wanna write my EE in economics but i have no idea what to write about. i wanna do something in microeconomics or even macro. any ideas?
CharleeB
You can really write about a topic u aren't studying? I didn't know that. How do you find out the rules for what you can write about? I'm (maybe) starting in sept so it doesn't really affect me yet, im just curious.

You can write about any topic you want, but it's usually advised to stick with the subjects you're studying. I'd suggest taking something that you know a lot about and that you're interested in. I did "Simultaneous Balanced Billingualism: Is learning two languages at the same time most effective?" in Psychology because Psych happens to be my favorite subject and I'm (almost) billingual (english/danish).
I'm doing mine in English, on Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead. Not sure exactly what yet, 'cause it not due until December (I'm in year one)
Reply 91
English B: "The Treatment and Exploitation of American Culture in Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita"

momopie123, just make sure you take something researchable. I planned to do on Special Economic Zones in China, but realised it would be very difficult for me to obtain good information on that.... but your teacher will probably tell you everything about that. Are you more interested in micro or macro? I think macro is more interesting, but it's probably easier to write an ee on micro...
elanvital
English B: "The Treatment and Exploitation of American Culture in Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita"

momopie123, just make sure you take something researchable. I planned to do on Special Economic Zones in China, but realised it would be very difficult for me to obtain good information on that.... but your teacher will probably tell you everything about that. Are you more interested in micro or macro? I think macro is more interesting, but it's probably easier to write an ee on micro...

gee, i still dont know what to do about my ee. lol my econ teacher is gonna find a good topic for me. i still wish i could think of a good topic on my own. i think micro is easier than macro. but because micro is so much easier, i bet the examiners will keep that in mind when the grade my ee.
I have to narrow down my topic next week, now all i have is "To what extent did the Lend-Lease Act alter the USA's state of neutrality in the years leading to World War II?" Im not quite there yet, but when i work on it some more, it may actually be a pretty interesting topic.
Mine is on Architecture.
I have no idea what to write but i have to hand in around 1000 words during early June.
Any suggestions?
Reply 95
architecture! that what u wanna study in uni? its waht im going for. i did mine in Economics, I wrote about weather development had affected the women of pakistan and india

what kinds prespective u taking on ur essay for architecture? and are u doing it for art or dt?
Reply 96
umaker
architecture! that what u wanna study in uni? its waht im going for. i did mine in Economics, I wrote about weather development had affected the women of pakistan and india

Isnt that more like geography than economics :rolleyes:
I wrote and absolutly awful 3500 words on cross cultural psychology.
Reply 97
ud think so but i dont take history so all student that take history got preferance and i couldent write a history essay on honour killings and i dont do geo, but my econ teacher said development is a huge topic in econ(hadent covered development then, we cover it last) and so i took it up and it worked out well.
Reply 98
umaker
weather

I guess the joke went over your head, I suppose it was pretty poor.
Reply 99
haha, did go over my head

Latest

Trending

Trending