The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Ib extended maths essay topics any suggestions please help
Reply 981
Can someone post what their IB extended essays in biology were?
Got a B for my EE in History.
"The Impact of the Black Death on the Church" or something along those lines ... I've forgotten..LOL
i did my EE in chemistry and i got a C! :P

my topic is "HOW CAN DIFFERENT TIME OF SOAKING, VOLUME AND pH OF CARBONATED DRINKS AFFECT THE RATE OF TOOTH CORROSION AND WHICH CARBONATED DRINK CONTRIBUTES THE MOST TO TOOTH DECAY?"
malaysian dentist
i did my EE in chemistry and i got a C! :P

my topic is "HOW CAN DIFFERENT TIME OF SOAKING, VOLUME AND pH OF CARBONATED DRINKS AFFECT THE RATE OF TOOTH CORROSION AND WHICH CARBONATED DRINK CONTRIBUTES THE MOST TO TOOTH DECAY?"

hey that was my bio group 4 topic! :p:

I used acids with different PH and coke though. The coke was just for fun while we had the teeth. It turned the tooth black and soft through :s-smilie:
Paradiddle_man
hey that was my bio group 4 topic! :p:

I used acids with different PH and coke though. The coke was just for fun while we had the teeth. It turned the tooth black and soft through :s-smilie:

really? haha.. i used various types of carbonated drink tho, n lotsa teeth :p: yeah the teeth would change their colour according to the colour of the drinks. it was a pretty easy experiment, not surprised to get a C lol
"An assesment of Fidel Castro's role & intentions during the Cuban Missile Crisis"

Pain in the ass.
I need some urgent help regarding the writing of my abstract - my extended essay is in biology and earlier I had always thought of the abstract as a sort of summary of the actual ext essay itself, but then sometime back my supervisor said that we have to include other elements as well and although she did explain it to us I kind of forgot most of the stuff she said...long story. Anyway, can someone please just give me a sort of list on the stuff I need to include in my abstract? I have to hand in my essay in the coming week.
Reply 988
Alright. How about investigating the effects of changing resistors and capacitators (using multivariable capacitators) in electronic oscillators? I thought I could connect ampmeters and stuff to measure current, etc., but i'm worried this might not be enough...I guess i'll have to include theory as well..
Maths EE

Graph Theory: Improvements in cost-effectiveness and efficiency within London’s Underground Transport System

Nearly finished :biggrin: yay
Reply 990
Does doing your EXtended Essay in arts fields allow you to get higher scores? What about biology and the sciences? Why is it that many students choose to do their EE in English or some other arts subject?
Hi, I know it's holidays and everything, but I'm thinking about the extended essay, I'm taking Spanish B, could I do it in that? And does it have to be written in Spanish as well? ooo and anyone got any ideas or has anyone done the ee on that?
Reply 992
I'm actually done with IB, but it's kind of hard to let go.:rolleyes:

My EE topic was in philosophy: Sceptisism: Is there an external world, based on Moore and Descartes. Quite a long title. I got an A though!
vavavoom
It's best if you choose a topic that the examiner 100% won't have a clue about. I did mine comparing Chinese and Japanese textbooks and I knew the chances of an examiner knowing both languages were slim. I got an A :smile:

On the other hand..

My very smart friend did her's on the Watergate scandal. The chances of an examiner knowing her subject were high. She got a C.

Btw, can I mention everyone's topics on the IB Website?

:eek: Oh my God ! That is a great idea :biggrin: Never thought of that. I wanted to write about Eating Disorders but now that I think about it, maybe it's not such a great idea. I better find something less usual... something that will make people go: Wth is that? :s-smilie:
hehehe. Gosh, need to re-think it all now. :rolleyes:
Reply 994
Chemistry, Water solubility and stability of noncovalently modified Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes

Got an A. I put all down to nanotubes being so new area of science more than my own skillz (because I'm one lazy bastard).
Reply 995
I'm having huge trouble with my EE. I think I have a writerblock :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 996
Oh my days! i absolutely love this book! It has to be my favourite book, i remember when i first read it in year 11 i was like what in the world! By the end of it i was in awe! Thanks for giving me an idea for my EE!

Dr. Rondart
My EE Topic is about English; I got a "B".

It's basically a character analysis of Holden Caulfield from The Catcher in The Rye. I loved that book, but the sheer thought of writing lots is a big turnoff. Also, my previous plan on compare and contrasting The Railway Children with Demian is a failed plan. So The Catcher in The Rye is a sort of a "last-ditch" attempt.

Must say...I did quite a good job there (thank my English teacher who laid down the basics).
Reply 997
Dr. Rondart
My EE Topic is about English; I got a "B".

It's basically a character analysis of Holden Caulfield from The Catcher in The Rye. I loved that book, but the sheer thought of writing lots is a big turnoff. Also, my previous plan on compare and contrasting The Railway Children with Demian is a failed plan. So The Catcher in The Rye is a sort of a "last-ditch" attempt.

I did catcher in the rye too, I wrote about how Holden is affected by his brother Allie's death.
Maths.

The Relation between Maths & Music.
Does the music exist in Maths or Maths in music?
(some kind of stuff like that)
business studies:
an analysis of Sean's position in Taiwan's cycling industry (sean being the proprieter of a small business). basically going to be a huge SWOT and PESTG analysis, with a conclusion and reccommendation tacked on.
i think i'm the only one to do an ee on business studies
ever
looking back it was a dumb decision. but hey i'm here now.
:zoob:

Latest

Trending

Trending