The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180

I got a topic about the War of the Spanish Succession on history. Only problem is thats all I know about it, that its on the War of the Spanish Succession. Any ideas on what I should talk about it?
Reply 1181
lifeless
I got a topic about the War of the Spanish Succession on history. Only problem is thats all I know about it, that its on the War of the Spanish Succession. Any ideas on what I should talk about it?

My knowledge of this is appalling, but the furs of valencia (a set of local laws) might be worth investigating...
Reply 1182
doing mine about women in nazi germany during and after war, propagada, policies and that stuff, interesting!
Reply 1183
Im doing mine on the cognitive explanation of dyslexia and then counter arguing it with biological and social explanations.. trouble is i havent started it....
Reply 1184
i want to do mine on biology but i cant think of a good topic
Reply 1185
Hey i want to do a essay on economics, and was thinking about comparing the effects of transport on externalities (pollution) in two cities like zurich and mumbai
any ideas on this
Reply 1186
HMSChocolate
honestly and seriously? I'd tell you to avoid Jane Austen like the plague when it comes to considering a book for EE. Seriously. P&P's such a well known book and it's going to be really hard to find a topic that hasn't been combed through before. A lot of people have written about it. Everything you could look at about it has been done before. So you may risk boring the examiner if you write about such a well known and loved classic. I considered doing P&P myself, actually but then I didn't end up doing it for the reason above.

thanks for the advice..ive finished my ee now..turned out pretty gud i think:biggrin:
what did u end up doin it on then?
my EE title is:
"the dilemnas of blind acceptance of repressed memories."
a bunch of psychological BS if you ask me.
but hey, thats all IB is anymore.
but tell me, does anyone know the minimum word count for the EE.
cuz i've got roundabouts 2,500, will write about 500 or so for the conclusion, but i really dont think i'm going to want to write a 1000 more words.
any help?:rolleyes:
Reply 1188
I want to do my ee in business and management- although i'm not sure what i want to do it on. my moms bf has a lot of different companies so i was thinking about analyzing accounts etc and then discussing the advantages and disadvantages of his business entering a joint venture with this other company [ he's investing in an oil refinery that's worth half a billion dollars!] (i guess it's good that i have this opportunity) but i'm not sure if i'd be able to write enough on it. Also if i use his company for the ee i have no idea what im going to write my business IA on (maybe my brother's company which doens't produce a lot of financial reports)

suggestions?
i'm doing econ EE and still deciding on a topic...maybe i'll do one on competition between cities or something else... one of my classmates doing ipods.
Reply 1190
Philosophy. Mine was super hard (i felt that my theories would be taken as a bunch of nonsense). It was something along the lines of: "Could Aristotle's concept of Eudaimonia redress the modern happiness problem in western society?"

As in human flourishing as a path to happiness vs. consumer culture happiness/ instant gratification/material satisfaction.
Reply 1191
Hey, i know not many people did their extended essays in environmental systems, but if any of u know any topics that would be great because i have to hand in mine before the weekend.

appreciate the help in advance!

English A1 HL
Economics HL
Chemistry HL
Mathematics SL
French B SL
Environmental Systems SL
Chemistry, on the shape and structure of crystals
Reply 1193
Enviro. Systems.... I mean, there is always pollution management assesments... I know someone who got an A for his EE by sitting at the beach monitoring the water pollution or something.

Look at the Trent Biotic Index and maybe compare it to another ways of monitoring water pollution (boring). lol animal behaviour is really interesting but its more linked to biology.

You could look at evidence supporting Plate tectonics... thats pretty interesting,though not very practical.
Reply 1194
I would've done it about pollution but that is a really big subject and i know many people are going to do it on that.

I have a topic but not really sure if it is a good one:
"Has global warming affected the size or quantity of deserts in the arabian peninsula??"
History something about the Korean War
Reply 1196
That is veeeerry broad I think! (the one about the Arabian peninsula). I made the mistake of making mine too broad... try to be more specific, look at a smaller area perhaps , and you would have to go and do practical investigation. (science EEs are just long lab.reports).

I did an Enviro. investigation on biodiversity on sand dunes (succession topic). This might be relevant if you want to study the Arabian peninsula.
heyy guyss..

my question is

'assess the significance of the Great Depression on Hitler's electoral successes between 1928-1933'

I'm a bit worried that this is a bad question because we study Hitler as a part of our course? what do you guys think?
Reply 1198
stallion1990
heyy guyss..

my question is

'assess the significance of the Great Depression on Hitler's electoral successes between 1928-1933'

I'm a bit worried that this is a bad question because we study Hitler as a part of our course? what do you guys think?

i am doing about women in nazi germany and i also study hitler as part of my course and it is ok. you can do your ee on any topic you wish!!
vodkabreath
I'm doing mine on philosophy.

"Can Aristotle's ethical theories be used to morally justify the act of euthanasia?"

Wow, sounds very ToK-ish of you.

Mine is;
"From Romance to Refractory Aesthetic? Examining underlying implications of the 'Persecuted Heroine' trope in The Grimms 'Aschenputtel'"

Not as inventive as some I have seen, but am enamoured. :]
well-fit.

Latest

Trending

Trending