The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Scarletwings92
My original title was ''How far does western cultural influences affect how an individual manages with social anxiety disorder?''

going to change the wording though...waiting for the title change to be approved so...won't post it just yet though it's not much different from above :tongue:

What are you doing yours on?

It's interesting ... I am doing it on english A1 ... about the reformulation of the hero's three part journey: analysing and comparing it in two novels ... I don't have an specific title yet ... :tongue:
koch
It's interesting ... I am doing it on english A1 ... about the reformulation of the hero's three part journey: analysing and comparing it in two novels ... I don't have an specific title yet ... :tongue:

sounds good, I'm sure you'll come up with a specific title you'll have to post it when you do :p: .

To tell you the truth that's more then some people at my school have so you're fine :tongue:
Reply 1782
I am not really sure what do to mine on... While I think History is a great subject to write about, I haven't taken it as an IB or IGCSE subject... Anyone know where I can start? Maybe I should do mine on English A1. I think that would be easier for me.
Reply 1783
taigan
I am not really sure what do to mine on... While I think History is a great subject to write about, I haven't taken it as an IB or IGCSE subject... Anyone know where I can start? Maybe I should do mine on English A1. I think that would be easier for me.

History would be great to do it on, so many resources- i wish i took history .

I'm doing theatre, and as I live in a developing country, I'm doing something along the lines of "The impact towards street kids with the participation in local street theatre" or something along the lines of that.

The wording sucks tho.
Reply 1784
i think i'll definitely try out history, if its too difficult i might do business (although i think it is terribly boring) or maybe english...
taigan
i think i'll definitely try out history, if its too difficult i might do business (although i think it is terribly boring) or maybe english...

what do you want to go into after the IB?
hahah i actually find doing a business IA hard already, doing a business EE might actually kill me XD

im doing my EE on social networking sites and havent really thought about my title :s-smilie:
Reply 1787
Scarletwings92
sounds good, I'm sure you'll come up with a specific title you'll have to post it when you do :p: .

To tell you the truth that's more then some people at my school have so you're fine :tongue:

Thanks!! I'' ll post the topic when I have it ... your are doing the exams in november ??
koch
Thanks!! I'' ll post the topic when I have it ... your are doing the exams in november ??

nope we're taking them in May 2010 so still a year to go:woo:
Reply 1789
Scarletwings92
what do you want to go into after the IB?

I'm hoping to go into medicine... Does that mean I should try to do a science extended essay?
No, someone at my school went in for medicine, and she did her extended essay on roman history! She ended up getting 41, so I think it's safe to say that it doesn't always matter. How do you go about finding a specific topic for your EE? I have the subject, but I can't think further than that...
taigan
I'm hoping to go into medicine... Does that mean I should try to do a science extended essay?

quite a few at my school who are applying to medicine did theirs in either Bio or chem as it looked good on their personal statement. Then again if you're not going to do well and get a high mark with a science one stick to something that you can get a higher mark in to improve your final score as medicine is quite competitive...
jonathon_baird
No, someone at my school went in for medicine, and she did her extended essay on roman history! She ended up getting 41, so I think it's safe to say that it doesn't always matter. How do you go about finding a specific topic for your EE? I have the subject, but I can't think further than that...

what parts of the subject do you really enjoy and found interesting looking at or would be interesting to look at? What subject is it?
Scarletwings92
what parts of the subject do you really enjoy and found interesting looking at or would be interesting to look at? What subject is it?

How does the extended essay topic work? I mean I heard the topic can be anything (and if this is true, than can the topic be in relation to sports (racial barriers in the NBA or the NHL) for example?). Is this true? By the way please don't flame me! I just finished grade 10 pre-Ib.
MatsOvechkin
How does the extended essay topic work? I mean I heard the topic can be anything (and if this is true, than can the topic be in relation to sports (racial barriers in the NBA or the NHL) for example?). Is this true? By the way please don't flame me! I just finished grade 10 pre-Ib.

lol don't worry no one's gonna flame you :p: Grade 10, you live in America? Just asking because I haven't heard 'grade' being used in England and only heard it when I lived in LA so just wondering :biggrin:

you can do it on anything yes providing that it is a subject that is offered on the IB diploma. It is recommended that you do it on a subject that you're taking as it would be easier but you don't have to.

If you tell me what subjects you are going to be taking I can help you work out a question/topic area.
Reply 1795
MatsOvechkin

You in America? I just finished Grade 11, IB year 1. First, you pick a topic for your EE, like Science for example. Then you formulate a research question and using a method, you answer the question! My school gave us a guide to doing the EE. You might be able to find that online too.

And yes, you could do the sports idea, it would most likely be related to Sociology, which is an IB course. However, it is generally advised to do your EE on a course you are taking.
Reply 1796
I'm doing my EE on physics (and this isn't my final title):
"Construction and investigation determining the optimal peripheral velocity of an overshot waterwheel to yield maximum efficiency under given conditions".

Yes?No?
Mine's on English A1 HL: "Portrayal of religion in Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte" - but it's still a bit unfocused. Anyone have any ideas on how to narrow it down a bit?
Reply 1798
iron_appendages100
Mine's on English A1 HL: "Portrayal of religion in Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte" - but it's still a bit unfocused. Anyone have any ideas on how to narrow it down a bit?

isn't that already narrowed down? if u are focusing religion on just one book, then it is fine. one of my friend is doing the same topic except its a little different.
Reply 1799
I was wondering if someone could help me find a topic for my EE. I'm doing psychology. I was thinking of doing something about dreams maybe? Other people have said that sleep and stress are easy topics. What about the whole 'nature vs. nurture' debate? (Which affects human behavior the most, biology or environment?) It seems like that would be a fairly easy topic, but I'm wondering if it's too general.

Latest

Trending

Trending