The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wow, that's ridiculous

I mean Cambridge shouldn't even be in the top 50
Reply 2381
When do they publish the rankings by subject?
Well at least Bangor isn't 79th again...
Kings is 31st, really? *sarcasm*

-Gosh, I know its a load of b.s :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
I know that they're not particularly important and aren't reliable, but come on Warwick, up to 5th! :biggrin:
Herriot-Watt ahead of Nottingham, Kings, Leeds and Manchester. No - just no.
People actually take the guardian league table seriously?
Reply 2387
Those guys really are not fans of Queen's Belfast.

Sounds pretty strange to me... UCL and Imperial should be above Warwick/St Andrews.
Reply 2389
Cardiff, Manchester, Sheffield at 39, 40 and 41. Dear me.

How is Exeter a better uni than Imperial? In the Guardian Table from 2005 Exeter was ranked 46th lol.
This league table is ridiculous. They place so much emphasis on the NSS (3 of the 9 main assessment criteria shown use the NSS). They don't even have a research assessment as one of their main criteria
Reply 2391
I see this thread as people bashing the whole table because one university(the one they probably went to) isn't as high as they think it should be, which is biased. I don't really see the point of these league tables, they just convince people that choosing a uni isn't about the course, but about the ranking, which I find silly. I guess that's conformity and social pressure for you.
How are Buckingham 16th? All they've done well on is the NSS (not much better than the rest). The value added is terrible and the entry standards aren't exactly fantastic.
Apparently someone who went to Oxford would have worse career prospects than Newcastle and Buckingham, and the same career prospects as Robert Gordon University (which I've just had to look up as I hadn't heard of it before)... So basically, the PM and half the cabinet would be in a better job right now had they gone to Robert Gordon University???!!! Someone's having a laugh
Also the default league table is based solely on 'Average teaching score'...
Reply 2395
My uni (Nottingham Trent) appears to be getting an increasingly **** ranking every year.:frown:
...even Brookes went down, and Brunel's ahead of it :frown:
...but Imperial at 13 is unforgivable.
I stopped looking at the guardian league tables when is saw Brunel above Oxford for history.
Now that i have looked at this one i can see nothing has really changed
The 'good' university guide much better potential applicants
The guys at the Guardian are having a right barney...
Original post by tinytadpoletim
Apparently someone who went to Oxford would have worse career prospects than Newcastle and Buckingham, and the same career prospects as Robert Gordon University (which I've just had to look up as I hadn't heard of it before)... So basically, the PM and half the cabinet would be in a better job right now had they gone to Robert Gordon University???!!! Someone's having a laugh

Actually they probably would. Robert Gordon's speciality is turning people out for the oil industry and plenty of its graduates will be earning far more than the cabinet.

Latest

Trending

Trending