The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's a stupid unwritten rule. I'm totally with you if this develops into a war. I tend to think about it as well. lol
Reply 2
i know i mean, if your at a shop or bar of something chatting to a girl and you seem to get on its always the guys that have to take the risk, girls just expect but oh well lol...
Traditionally, men were seen as being better than women and in the past when it came to things like proposing, duties usually fell to the man. However, even in today's society where men and women are equal, we still keep some of the 'traditions' of our past which is probably why men ask women out and not vice versa.
Reply 4
It's not.
Reply 5
Nah, 'tis both ways. Many a girl has asked me out....*cough*
Reply 6
Apart from the odd exception, I usually have to do the asking. 'Tis what you get when you're attracted to shy nerdy guys I guess :rolleyes:
LOL i dont know but its sucks big..i've missed out on quite a few potential relationships with beautiful and sweet chicks cos i'm too much of a pussy :biggrin: :yep:
Reply 8
I don't know how to do it? :dontknow:
Reply 9
Girls want all the good parts of gender equality, but will pass on the bad parts.
Sickojones
Girls want all the good parts of gender equality, but will pass on the bad parts.

Exactly this.
Reply 11
Freols
I seem to remember saying something like "But I'm going shopping tomorrow", then ten minutes afterwards being told by my friend that she was asking me out and had her hand my my knee all evening. I'm a real ******* idiot sometimes!

Maybe she just found that cute :p:
Reply 12
SEXISM:

it only applies when it suits

....everybody knows that.
Reply 13
i asked my boyfriend out =)
Reply 14
I've never asked a girl out they have all asked me out first :P
Reply 15
i dont like the feeling im exepected to ask them out, even if the odd one does ask you its its that expectation that succcks, the female race huh lol?

and to all those guys that get asked out by loads of girls, you stud muffins loooooooool
Reply 16
gamer91
SEXISM:

it only applies when it suits

....everybody knows that.

I think that's on the back of every guys mind.
Reply 17
Why complain? Either way, the results usually good :wink:
Reply 18
Sickojones

woohoo :woo:
why is there another thread like this look for yesterdays one, to answer the question girls have to go through periods and pregnancies it's only one thing a boy will find difficult

Latest

Trending

Trending