The Student Room Group

have i left it too late

Theres a girl who ive fancied for so long who goes to the same college as me (not in my classes) so its always been hard to initiate convo. At first she was giving me signals etc smiling whenever she saw me around etc but now shes kind of stopped. If she sees me she will try and make eye contact but im not sure if shes interested anymore. Ive only spoken to her once before but it was very short.

I have left it very late and 4 months on ive always said to myself there will be a better chance to approach her. I will approach her but Im just scared that ive left it too late.

Do girls lose interest if you dont approach them? If i do approach her can it rekindle interest? Yes she might have stopped smiling but thats because shes done everything she can to get my attention.

Scroll to see replies

If she is making eye contact with you then I would say she could still be interested and even if she doesn't there's a chance she is as well as she wouldn't want to make too much eye contact. Its always best to approach girls once you feel they are sending you signals.

I would say theres no harm in approaching her - you both go to the same college and see each other regularly so its not out of the ordinary for you to approach her or strike up a convo.

Yes I believe interest can be rekindled 4 months on once you approach a girl and strike up a convo.
Reply 2
Original post by ACR12345
nah dude! its never over until you say its over! yk what nick eh 30 said? never back down. never give up. you gotta just yolo it mate and work up the courage to speak to her. at the end of the day she's just a human like you and putting too much pressure on yourself won't help at all. but tbh she might just be smiling out of pity, stay hard king

why would she smile out of pity?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
If she is making eye contact with you then I would say she could still be interested and even if she doesn't there's a chance she is as well as she wouldn't want to make too much eye contact. Its always best to approach girls once you feel they are sending you signals.

I would say theres no harm in approaching her - you both go to the same college and see each other regularly so its not out of the ordinary for you to approach her or strike up a convo.

Yes I believe interest can be rekindled 4 months on once you approach a girl and strike up a convo.

I have always found it difficult to approach her in public. Its always busy and I dont know how she will respond.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have always found it difficult to approach her in public. Its always busy and I dont know how she will respond.

Take a risk - approach her. Worst case scenario she isnt going to blank you or anything. If your still feeling like this 4 months on you still fancy her obviously.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #2
Take a risk - approach her. Worst case scenario she isnt going to blank you or anything. If your still feeling like this 4 months on you still fancy her obviously.

Next time I see her should I just keep it simple and say hello or shall I go straight in for a convo? Its been so long now and I just want to approach her - saying hello wont get me anywhere.
Next time I see her should I just keep it simple and say hello or shall I go straight in for a convo? Its been so long now and I just want to approach her - saying hello wont get me anywhere.

I would say yes definitely approach. If its been 4 months then I would advise to just go straight for a convo as youve spoken to her before right albeit briefly and you see each other often. Yes it can be nerve wracking approaching her in public although it has to be done or else you will be kicking yourself everytime you don't.

In my experience there's also an advantage if you have taken a long time to approach, it shows your not desperate and available all the time. It might sound silly but it can also look attractive from a girls point of view.
which college do you go to
hi how long have you known her for?
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous #3
which college do you go to

i dont see how that matters?
Reply 10
hi how long have you known her for?

around 4 months although weve never spoken properly.

i dont see how that matters?

oh it doesn’t, this just sounds a lot like someone I know

around 4 months although weve never spoken properly.

has she always gone to your college?
Reply 13
oh it doesn’t, this just sounds a lot like someone I know

in what way?

in what way?

the girl
Reply 15
has she always gone to your college?

since ive started there yes i think so

since ive started there yes i think so

okay okay just a question and I won’t ask too much info? what place is your college in?
Reply 17
okay okay just a question and I won’t ask too much info? what place is your college in?

id rather not say
that’s alright, it’s just not in Bristol is it
Reply 19
that’s alright, it’s just not in Bristol is it

nope

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending