The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you get better grades than are required of you then you have met and exceeded your offer...
Did you just phrase your question wrong?
Reply 2
nordam
If you get better grades than are required of you then you have met and exceeded your offer...
Did you just phrase your question wrong?

If the offer is BBB and you get AAC then you have missed the offer and unis are allowed to not let you in.

Dr. Jan Itor
Say I'm offered BBB and I get AAC or ABC?

Look at TAELT: BBB unis are in general not that competitive so I would say you still had a good chance.
Depends what uni outside the top 20 unis for Straight economics id say very unlikely due to lots of people applying for it these days, however for a uni asking for BBB id probably think theyd be reasonably flexible. if you got AAC/ABC then theyd probably let you in if your offer was BBB. But really it depends on the uni.
Paulwhy
If the offer is BBB and you get AAC then you have missed the offer and unis are allowed to not let you in.

Some unis might let you in with AAC, but only those who acknowledge UCAS tariff points. Some only accept the grades, and therefore you wouldn't get in with AAC, as the C is too low. However, AAC equals 320 points, which is 20 points above BBB (300 points).

If your offer is stated in points, and doesn't specify grades for all your subjects, then you could get in with AAC.
Dr. Jan Itor
Liverpool, Econ Bsc.

I cant see liverpool being that fussy if you got AAC or ABC, despite that if they did have extremely high levels of applicants they wouldnt let you in, so every year it will be different hence no one can give you a definitive answer.
Reply 6
Nobody can be sure - it depends on the uni, the individual tutor, how strong a candidate they thought you were, how many other candidates they had and so on. There's a boy in my year at Oxford who had an AAA offer for music and got AAB, but was let in anyway, whereas there are people applying to "lower-ranked" universities who don't get such leeway. Ultimately you've just got to do your best to meet the offer!
Reply 7
PhoenixFortune
Some unis might let you in with AAC, but only those who acknowledge UCAS tariff points. Some only accept the grades, and therefore you wouldn't get in with AAC, as the C is too low. However, AAC equals 320 points, which is 20 points above BBB (300 points).

If your offer is stated in points, and doesn't specify grades for all your subjects, then you could get in with AAC.

As I said in my last post, If applicants miss their offers then unis can let them in if they want to. This is independent of both what the original offer and in what way the offer was missed.
Reply 8
Provided you don't need specific grades in certain subjects, then they will probably still accept you if you achieve the same UCAS points.

If you achieve fewer UCAS points, its much less certain. I know someone who missed an Imperial offer by 2 UCAS points on one of his a-levels and got rejected on results day...
Reply 9
Dr. Jan Itor
how can you miss 2 UCAS points? Do you mean UMS?

Sorry - yes, I meant UMS.
Reply 10
Dr. Jan Itor
Say I'm offered BBB and I get AAC or ABC?

If you get AAC that means you have got more than they want. AAC is the same as ABB, it equals to 320 ucas points. Whereas ABC is the same as BBB and is 300 ucas points.
Reply 11
Mozzy0712
If you get AAC that means you have got more than they want. AAC is the same as ABB, it equals to 320 ucas points. Whereas ABC is the same as BBB and is 300 ucas points.

Sorry, you are wrong.
Reply 12
Mozzy0712

What Paulwhy said. You're wrong. If you get AAC it means you haven't met the offer, because they require a minimum of a B in three subjects, but you've only got a minimum of a B in two subjects. If they say "a minimum of 300 UCAS points" then you've met the offer, but that's not the same thing. Stop spouting incorrect facts, it helps nobody, especially when you're arguing against something correct.
Reply 13
Bezzler
What Paulwhy said. You're wrong. If you get AAC it means you haven't met the offer, because they require a minimum of a B in three subjects, but you've only got a minimum of a B in two subjects. If they say "a minimum of 300 UCAS points" then you've met the offer, but that's not the same thing. Stop spouting incorrect facts, it helps nobody, especially when you're arguing against something correct.

Oh right I never knew the offer specified any subjects. But generally speaking what I said is correct.
Reply 14
Mozzy0712
Oh right I never knew the offer specified any subjects. But generally speaking what I said is correct.

Rather than being generally correct, you are simply wrong.
Reply 15
Mozzy0712

No it's not. If a uni says "BBB" and you get "AAC" you have missed your offer. Nothing to do with specifying any subjects. However, if a university says "300 UCAS points" and you get "AAC", then you have got 320 UCAS points and so have met your offer. However, that's a completely different offer.

Latest

Trending

Trending