The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

how likely is it for a uni to revoke an offer after a fee status assessment?

so a little background info, i was born in edinburgh but i’m currently studying in ireland. i applied for UCAS & received a conditional law offer from the university of edinburgh but the offer is based on the fact that they’ve given me an overseas international fee & there’s virtually no way i can afford the £23k annually they assessed me. i’m legible for home fee & i’ve emailed them & they’ve send me a fee status questionnaire yesterday that i’ve got to complete by tomorrow alongside informing me that once the fee status is revised they may reassess my application & withdraw my offer. does anyone have any experience with something similar or know how likely unis will withdraw applications in situations like this? UoE is my dream uni & i know that i’m better off filling this questionnaire & praying for the what i’m assuming is an extremely slim chance that they won’t withdraw me, rather than having my international offer avail for the next few months but knowing that i wouldn’t be able to attend regardless, but nevertheless i’m feeling so nervous. any info would so super appreciated!!:smile:
Its rare for a Uni to withdraw an offer for this reason unless the course is specifically for 'just Overseas' or 'just Home fee payers' etc.
Irish usually qualify as Home students. The fee questionaire is so that they can assess you fairly with all the evidence in front of them.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by McGinger
Its rare for a Uni to withdraw an offer for this reason unless the course is specifically for 'just Overseas' or 'just Home fee payers' etc.
Irish usually qualify as Home students. The fee questionaire is so that they can assess you fairly with all the evidence in front of them.

hi thanks for the response: ) would you know if the fact that i’m of neither irish or scottish nationality influence my reassessment? i’ve been sceptical because my conditions are actually quite generous compared to the standard requirements listed on their website & i’ve heard international students will often get more flexible conditions
Reply 3
Original post by beneficialenergy
so a little background info, i was born in edinburgh but i’m currently studying in ireland. i applied for UCAS & received a conditional law offer from the university of edinburgh but the offer is based on the fact that they’ve given me an overseas international fee & there’s virtually no way i can afford the £23k annually they assessed me. i’m legible for home fee & i’ve emailed them & they’ve send me a fee status questionnaire yesterday that i’ve got to complete by tomorrow alongside informing me that once the fee status is revised they may reassess my application & withdraw my offer. does anyone have any experience with something similar or know how likely unis will withdraw applications in situations like this? UoE is my dream uni & i know that i’m better off filling this questionnaire & praying for the what i’m assuming is an extremely slim chance that they won’t withdraw me, rather than having my international offer avail for the next few months but knowing that i wouldn’t be able to attend regardless, but nevertheless i’m feeling so nervous. any info would so super appreciated!!:smile:

Hello I'm also in a similar position, may I know how's your offer status?
Reply 4
Original post by vierbve
Hello I'm also in a similar position, may I know how's your offer status?

I was assessed by Aberdeen and Dundee university as international. However the law is if you were a resident of Scotland and UK national for 3 years and then moved to an EU country before 31 Dec 2020 you qualify as a Scottish home student provided you are living in UK by 1August 2024 ( for September 2024 start). I was already given offers but appealed Dundee changed my status to home but Aberdeen refused despite me pointing out it is illegal to charge a home student overseas fees. Eventually they seemed to compromise by saying they would change the status if I could show I am living in UK before 1st August. Dundee have now still given me the offer but simply changed my status so I don't think they can withdraw an offer on basis of status.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending