The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

simoncarnochan
which proxy site do you use? Cheers :biggrin:

If I told you everything then what's left:biggrin: :biggrin: :rolleyes: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Reply 401
edris
did you get K=3 after you rounded it up? because I think I got something like K=2.89 or something.

I got K=3 but I don't think any rounding was to be made was there?
Reply 402
jonathan3909
Unlucky you!You could have downloaded the paper just half an hour before the exam.Many people saw it!

I dont need to cheat thanks
Ultimate1
Are you sure? I doubt the papers can be leaked before an exam.

That's not leaking.By the time it started in Uk,it had already finished on the far east.Get it now:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
khaggy
I dont need to cheat thanks

That's the spirit.But who wouldn't if they get a chance:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Reply 405
edris
did you get K=3 after you rounded it up? because I think I got something like K=2.89 or something.

when i did it using surds i got exactly 3, with no decimal places
Reply 406
Ultimate1
I got K=3 but I don't think any rounding was to be made was there?

I remember factorising the left hand side; k(mg+ma) and then diving both sides by (mg+ma) to cancle m out. did you do that
I'm looking at 71-73 out of 75. The only question I got wrong was the pulley question where it asked for the distance upwards, I forgot to add the initial distance between the ground and my answer.

It's looking good for me. Personally, I found the last question quite easy as if you drew a diagram, the answers were staring at you in the face - you had to use the angle you got in part B and then do 10 cos angle (51.13) = 3T+3 and 10 sin angle (51.13) = the other answer side which I forgot. Then you would get T=1 and T=5.

You guys are so gullable to jonathan3909's lies.
I'm sure Jonathan is lying.

Found the paper pretty easy tbh. A lot easier than Jan and June 09. Most people at school seemed to find it hard o.O
Ultimate1
Yep same here coming out I thought: 'yeah sure probably garunteed 90%' however now I'm very shakey and will have to scramble for 80%. I sriously doubt it will be 66 as suggested by quite a few people. :cry:

I doubt that as well. Hopefully I will get 80%; if I do I'm not gonna resit it for a higher A because as far as I'm aware M1 doesn't affect your chances of an A* as long as you got 80% UMS. I think the boundary for an A will more likely be mid 50's *prays*
Reply 410
if i used coeffient friction going upwards getting 0.65 would i still get method marks????
Reply 411
jonathan3909
That's the spirit.But who wouldn't if they get a chance:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Uhhh me. No offence but if i can't do M1 without cheating then i dont deserve to be an engineer. Therefore i wouldn't cheat cause i might end up killing people by designing unsafe buildings because of dodgy calculations. I think you need to think about what you say online as well, cause otherwise you're gunna be caught.
Reply 412
Tbh, it was in no way harder than last years papers. Having said that, I still ****** up but I only want a B so as long as I get that..
chaz1992
I'm looking at 71-73 out of 75. The only question I got wrong was the pulley question where it asked for the distance upwards, I forgot to add the initial distance between the ground and my answer.

Exactly the mistake I made. Wouldn't that lose you more like 6 marks though? Because I think it was a 6 mark question :frown:
Umm one question: WHY THE HELL would someone admit to cheating on an A Level exam paper ONLINE!?!? Why would you even do that in the first place??? Is it just me or was anyone else brought up with the "you'll only be cheating yourself..." phrase? WTH!!!
Reply 415
Here are my solutions.

I thought it was pretty straight forward, much easier than the 09 papers.
Oh and the M1 grade boundary is always one of the lower ones (always lower than the harder stuff like FP3 and M2!) so dw guys

Edit: Thanks for the answers. I agree. Probs dropped 2 marks (not giving the bearning as 036.9, I put 36.9 and thought it was distance particle on the pulley travelled, so forgot to x2)
Reply 417
Arsey
Here are my solutions.

identical to mine :biggrin:

except i think i put 1 or 5 SECONDS ¬¬

will i loose any marks?
Reply 418
Well apart from the rounding on the pulley question (i got 3.96 he got 3.97) thats 100% what i wrote!!!
Roll on 100ums methinks :biggrin:
Reply 419
Arsey
Here are my solutions.

Q 4 c)
The tension in C is 8 times A
So the total UP = W
which would be 8A+A = 9A?
surely 9A=W ??
I did that and got 240N

Latest

Trending

Trending