The Student Room Group

High protein meals..

Anybody got any high protein meal ideas??

I am trying to get around 5 or 6 high protein meals that I can easily make at night, and then take to work in a tub the next day.

Today I have bought in a salad, with 3 mackerel fillets (40g protein), and a 200g tub of cottage cheese (20g protein). And then I have got a 40g bag of dry roasted peanuts (11.7g protein).

This was fairly easy to prepare, high in protein and was reasonably cheap (about £3). + it was amazing!!

Any other ideas??
A tuna sandwich...if you use the whole can + bread it can come up to around 60g protien.

2 Chicken fillets - make like fajitas or summing comes up to around 50/60g protien

Make beef burgers from scratch - can come up to 40-60g protien depending on how many you have
Reply 2
Make your own protein bars and take them in as a snack.

I use this recipe from mens health forums:

Davinho's Protein/Carbohydrate bars

Highly nutritious and a doddle to make.

Nuke 2 cubes (approx 40g) of Tesco organic, dark 70% cocoa cooking chocolate for appox 1 min in a largish pyrex bowl. Add 1 cup of organic peanut butter and 8 tablespoons of organic honey. Nuke for another 90 secs. Then mix thoroughly and add 3/4 cup of unflavoured whey powder, 1/4 cup of chocolate milk protein powder. Make sure this is mixed in then add 3/4 cup of oats, 1/4 cup of flax seeds and 1 handfull of goji berries (chopped to smallish size). Make sure this is well mixed in then spread onto baking dish approx 8" x 4" x 1" deep. Spread more flax seeds on top and press down. Stick in fridge for 20 mins. Then divide into 12 equal bars and wrap in foil. Keep refridgerated. Eh Voila!

I made some yesterday and they are delicious and also easy to make.
Reply 3
Chicken and lentil curry- two foods that are both very rich in protein.
Reply 4
Singh_2
Make your own protein bars and take them in as a snack.

I use this recipe from mens health forums:

Davinho's Protein/Carbohydrate bars

Highly nutritious and a doddle to make.

Nuke 2 cubes (approx 40g) of Tesco organic, dark 70% cocoa cooking chocolate for appox 1 min in a largish pyrex bowl. Add 1 cup of organic peanut butter and 8 tablespoons of organic honey. Nuke for another 90 secs. Then mix thoroughly and add 3/4 cup of unflavoured whey powder, 1/4 cup of chocolate milk protein powder. Make sure this is mixed in then add 3/4 cup of oats, 1/4 cup of flax seeds and 1 handfull of goji berries (chopped to smallish size). Make sure this is well mixed in then spread onto baking dish approx 8" x 4" x 1" deep. Spread more flax seeds on top and press down. Stick in fridge for 20 mins. Then divide into 12 equal bars and wrap in foil. Keep refridgerated. Eh Voila!

I made some yesterday and they are delicious and also easy to make.

These are from mens health i think ? I can't seem to get onto that site anymore but there used to be some good recipes posted on there from what i can remember.
Reply 5
Read this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1116113

28 days of high protein meals
Reply 6
Khanage
Read this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1116113

28 days of high protein meals

Thanks for that! Very useful.
Reply 7
Singh_2
Thanks for that! Very useful.

No worries.

Thank the RFU, i just found it thats all!
Reply 8
200g chicken breast, 100g pasta, 10g EVOO
50g protein powder, 100g oats, 10g OO

etc etc
Reply 9
Original post by Footballfiend08
A tuna sandwich...if you use the whole can + bread it can come up to around 60g protien.

2 Chicken fillets - make like fajitas or summing comes up to around 50/60g protien

Make beef burgers from scratch - can come up to 40-60g protien depending on how many you have

I've never seen a can of tuna that was close to 60g protein most are around 16 to 25g protein, where did you get 60g protein.
MuscleFood have fantastic high protein / lean meats, veg, snacks which I buy regulary!

Check out this site for the latest discount codes and deals... https://www.nutritiondeals.co.uk/musclefood which work for new and existing customers!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Can of tuna is around 16 to 18g protein where did you get 60g protein
Yogurt + nuts

pasta + tuna + sweetcorn

protein rich wrap - wrap + meats + sauce + beans.
Reply 13
Agree with what the others have said. Bulk buy chicken breasts. I get through several per day.

Here is a 'recipie' for a nice snack I have at weekends post workout, since I'm following IF:

- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 whole eggs

Blend in a food processor until smooth, cook on a skillet and enjoy the best tasting, healthiest pancakes you've ever tasted. You can add some calorie free flavourings in there such as stevia and vanilla extract. I top mine off with peanut butter.

Depending on toppings, you can get around 40g protein, as well as lots of healthy complex carbs and fats (don't know the exact macros off the top of my head but I can get them for you later).
I buy in bulk. It's waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper. I can get 5kg of chicken breasts from my local market for £20!

With some veggies you have a great meal!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest