The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've been out with someone a year younger than me before and to be honest i noticed the age difference, but it was probably just him! I usually go for older guys, for instance the guy i'm seeing just now is about 9 years older than me and we get on great, so there's no hard and fast rule :smile: I don't know if I'd be as comfortable going out with someone much younger than me though for some reason.
Reply 2
when does your girlish 'only go out wiv older guys' rule cum into play? teens, early twenties...? u know it is really annoying.
Reply 3
I've always got on better with guys a bit younger than me, to me they often seemed less arrogant and easier to talk to than older ones who intimidated me somewhat. Saying that I didn't think of my b/f's age when I started going out with him...he's nearly 2 years younger than me, and it really makes little difference.
Reply 4
I went out with someone who was four months younger than me and I noticed a difference! But I normally go out with guys two years older. I recently dated a few guys my age and I've gotta say I prefer older guys.
Reply 5
My last bf was younger than me! Only by a few days though
chazzinio
when does your girlish 'only go out wiv older guys' rule cum into play? teens, early twenties...? u know it is really annoying.

wouldn't consider it a rule, just personal preference based on experience. wouldn't rule anything out though, if the shoe fits and all that!
Reply 7
My last girlfriend was 6 months older than me. Not much, but it's something. I prefer older girls, easier to talk to and get on with I find.
Reply 8
Never been out with a younger guy but i've only ever gone out with people i was at school with or my ex, who was only a year older

To be honest I know very few younger men who are mature enough for me to want to - and besides before uni i'd rather things were all teh same age. Saves that one leaving one staying scenario.

My best friend Tom had 4 long term girlfriends (1 year, 18 months, 6 months, 1 year) who were all 1 year older than him... but then he's pretty mature
i would. there are a few boys i talk to who are in the year below me, but are some of the most decent guys i know
All my past relationships have been with people around a year older than me but I currently really like someone who is a year younger than me. My experience of younger guys tends to be that they are too immature to have a relationship with...
my girlfriend is 3 months older than me, and it makes absolutely no difference to anything! :smile:
Reply 12
Babyshambles
my girlfriend is 3 months older than me, and it makes absolutely no difference to anything! :smile:

You forgot about how I have to bathe you and feed you etc :p:
Reply 13
I was/am with a younger guy. :cool: younger by one day

Seriously though, I don't think there's a rule with these things. There are some 18 year old guys who are more mature than some 26 year old ones. It really depends on the person (and equally the girl and what she wants).
F. Poste
You forgot about how I have to bathe you and feed you etc :p:

well, you're a whole 3 months older than me! goes without saying!

where's my bottle?! :frown:
Reply 15
I'm going out with a teenager :eek:
Reply 16
Adhsur
I was/am with a younger guy. :cool: younger by one day

Seriously though, I don't think there's a rule with these things. There are some 18 year old guys who are more mature than some 26 year old ones. It really depends on the person (and equally the girl and what she wants).

Definitely. I've only been out with two girls, and they were 5 and 8 years older than me. Although too big a gap can be a problem - especially if you're at different stages - just go with what feels right. In my experience any strict rules will either get broken or hold you back.
Reply 17
Babyshambles
well, you're a whole 3 months older than me! goes without saying!

where's my bottle?! :frown:

In the fridge *hands you a stella* :p:
blissy
I'm going out with a teenager :eek:

cradle robber! :eek:

...wait...so am I! :redface:
Reply 19
I've always been told (by girls) that they are more mature at a younger age and so will tend to end up with guys older than them because of the maturity difference between them and guys their age and below.

Unfortunately doesnt mean that any of the 16 year old girls i know wanna go out with me, which is probably i good thing really. role on uni :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending