The Student Room Group

The TSR Musicians' Society

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys! Can I join?? I play the guitar and drums =]=]
wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn
Hey guys! Can I join?? I play the guitar and drums =]=]

Ooh, another musician from Edinburgh...'tis the place to be. :biggrin:
I have played the Guitar for a bit one year, and am interested in it. Can I join?
Music Technologist from Londinium signing in..

I also play the drums, guitar and the Darbouka (Arabic Drum)

www.myspace.com/vonmitch333 - check out some of the tunes:smile:
Are there any more Music Technologists/ Sound Engineers in the Society??

If there are...please make yourself known :smile:
Hey dudes, erm, does anyone know how to put your own music up on myspace?
Create a band page, upload your music to that and set that song to appear on your homepage.
Thank you :smile:
Reply 1588
Von_Mitch
Are there any more Music Technologists/ Sound Engineers in the Society??

If there are...please make yourself known :smile:

I teach it at A level. Where are you studying? What's the course like?
Fletch
I teach it at A level. Where are you studying? What's the course like?

Cool...I've just finished my BTEC in Music Tech. at Westminster Kingsway College, the course was good because it gives you the practical hands on experience and I'm going to Herts Uni to study Music, Commercial Compostion and Technology this month.
Reply 1590
Never heard of a technologist before...

I did a BND for Music tech and I'm studying it now at Huddersfield. As practical as the BND was, don't forget that actual experience is a lot better!

My goal for this (and the final year of my degree, and placement year obviously) year is to get some experience in a local studio and venue.
Tzara
Never heard of a technologist before...

I did a BND for Music tech and I'm studying it now at Huddersfield. As practical as the BND was, don't forget that actual experience is a lot better!

My goal for this (and the final year of my degree, and placement year obviously) year is to get some experience in a local studio and venue.

True.. actual experience is better ... but in response to Fletch's post..i was drawing a comparison between studying Music Tech as an A-Level as opposed to a BTEC which is more practical (than an A-Level).
Reply 1592
Oh yeah. It's hella better! :smile:
Reply 1593
There are also differences between the Music Tech. that we do (which is geared towards composing/arranging/producing music using computers and digital recorders) and courses like Sound Engineering (which is more concerned with the equipment) and the Sound for performing arts course (which is more about operating the board for theatre/studio sound). As you say the BTEC is a more practical option. We have 4 colleges very close together here so we all have to do different courses so that we're not fighting for the same students.
Heya Guys! Your freidnly guitarey thing dropping in1

Im looking for a couple of people who might want to act as fellow leaders of the society? I'm not around much, and this society derserves better leadership than I can give it :smile:.

Catcha later - PM me if youre interested :smile:
x
Sorry for hijacking the thread guys but if anyone is going to know, this soc is =p

im applying for the music joint course at manchester....

But, I was wondering if anyone knows If i need to send off my composiiton portfolio to get there on the 1st october (like the academy do) or if it can get there later?

Also, where do I send it to??

please and thx
Daydreams
Sorry for hijacking the thread guys but if anyone is going to know, this soc is =p

im applying for the music joint course at manchester....

But, I was wondering if anyone knows If i need to send off my composiiton portfolio to get there on the 1st october (like the academy do) or if it can get there later?

Also, where do I send it to??

please and thx

Hiya champ. To be honest, I dont havce a clue, I dont recall seeing anyone fromt he music course at manchester. However, I should envisage that to get yoru portfolio there by the 1st October would help you even if you dont need to have it there by then. I would say, be safge and do that, since it can only help your application. Your best bet though is to ring them up - they are there to help after all.
Good luck x
Hi im new around here :redface:

I play the keyboard I'm doing grade 5 right now struggling to remind myself to practise for it. :frown:
blue bubbles
Hi im new around here :redface:

I play the keyboard I'm doing grade 5 right now struggling to remind myself to practise for it. :frown:

Stick a post it note or two around. Or a hundred. If you indoctrinate yourself to practice keyboard you'll be fine =D
If you can condition yourself to practice, then you're doing better than I am :frown:

It's sooo easy to just sit down and play for 45 minutes without doing anything remotely like 'practicing'.

Quick Reply

Latest