The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

nexttime
Sounds like India should open more unis.

That's extremely ignorant..
India has over 300 universities.
Reply 21
Mr.Singh
live in a prodiminatley 'white' area you are going to be suspect to racial attacks. its inevitable...

Not a good enough reason
flugestuge
Ouch... That must be pretty horrible.
You have my sincere sympathies.

Thanks. You get used to it. Makes you a stronger person... although I can be deeply bitter and insecure at times :rolleyes:
Reply 23
synthpopx
That's extremely ignorant..
India has over 300 universities.

What?! Evidently they are not meeting the demand, be it due to standards or number of places.
Reply 24
nexttime
What?! Evidently they are not meeting the demand, be it due to standards or number of places.

That is twice the number of universities that the UK has, for 20 times the population of the UK.
I estimate that they will need around 3000 universities when they become as affluent as the UK.
Reply 25
flugestuge
That is twice the number of universities that the UK has, for 20 times the population of the UK.
I estimate that they will need around 3000 universities when they become as affluent as the UK.

ok.
Reply 26
flugestuge
The police said that the Indian students are asking for it because they
work late at night. Blaming the victim is a wonderful Australian pastime.

There is going to be racism anywhere you go, unfortunately some idiots over here have escalated it. I'm Australian and NOT racist, for from it and the majority of my friends are asian or indian as I just seem to get along with them better. In your major cities the cultures/different nationalities/races become separated. there is whole areas where its practically all asian...

Will freely admit some people running this country are idiots (including the police).

I love my curry friends!! :smile:
Reply 27
nexttime

It's because UK is famous in India, and they all want to come to study here if possible :biggrin: . Also a lot of bribery going on in Uni's there, so you see all the rich students going there (Although you would still need to pay a lot of money to come here and study as an International Student) But that also means you won't get the most able students and therefore the uni will not perform as well.
Reply 28
emma lee
I'm Australian and NOT racist

I love my curry friends!!

Most Indians would find that phrase offensive but will be too polite to tell you that.
Casual, unthinking racism is not very nice.
Reply 29
uer23
It's because UK is famous in India, and they all want to come to study here if possible :biggrin: . Also a lot of bribery going on in Uni's there, so you see all the rich students going there (Although you would still need to pay a lot of money to come here and study as an International Student) But that also means you won't get the most able students and therefore the uni will not perform as well.

The thread is about Indian's in Australia, not the UK:confused:
Reply 30
vicky1986
The thread is about Indian's in Australia, not the UK:confused:

Do I give a **** ?
Reply 31
emma lee
There is going to be racism anywhere you go, unfortunately some idiots over here have escalated it. I'm Australian and NOT racist, for from it and the majority of my friends are asian or indian as I just seem to get along with them better. In your major cities the cultures/different nationalities/races become separated. there is whole areas where its practically all asian...

Will freely admit some people running this country are idiots (including the police).

I love my curry friends!! :smile:

No one's suggesting that all Australian's are racist, but I think it is evident that Australians need to be taught about other cultures so they become more accepting.

I'm not sure how funny your friend's will find your statement... :s-smilie:
That's what you get with people descending from British criminals.
Reply 33
Well what do you expect, the sons of criminals will be criminals.

And if anybody here doesn't know what I am talking about then get the hell of this forum and go take a history lesson.
Reply 34
Its a disgrace, Australian authority are not owning up that their is a real problem here and that there are a minority of racists ozzie citizens who want to cause trouble with Indians.
****, no way am I going Australia. :afraid:
they racist donot except other people.
aussie's in general are very rude. and heck man they all kind of robbers.
Mr.Singh
I have been aussie for a total of 4 months and experienced no racism at all... the schools are now getting a large amount or multicultural children attending, alot of indo/chinese/japanese/indian families now migrate to aussie. You are going to get this type of racist attacks anywhere in the world. Dont provoke to become a victim, just ignore and get on with your own life :]

Oh don't say that racism is not everywhere. It's there in pockets in countries but nowhere like it is in Australia, but the people the promote and practice racism haven't had a good life or been to college. They want a scapegoat, someone to blame for their misfortune. Australia is an underdeveloped society.
Reply 38
vicky1986
No one's suggesting that all Australian's are racist, but I think it is evident that Australians need to be taught about other cultures so they become more accepting.

I'm not sure how funny your friend's will find your statement... :s-smilie:

My friends never seemed to mind but others might take offense so point taken. sorry if i offended anyone.

and your right a lot do need to be more accepting of other cultures.
nexttime

They are building dozens more.

Latest

Trending

Trending