The Student Room Group

FIFA Women's World Cup 2023

This started this morning: the enlarged 32-team FIFA Women's World Cup is taking place in Australia and New Zealand.

As Wales aren't there I suspect I'll be dipping in and out until it gets to the knockout stages though I did tune in to the opening game this morning and it's quite bizarre seeing grounds that I'm very used to watching rugby games played now hosting soccer!

Scroll to see replies

There should probably be predictions on who would win the WWC.

England Women’s team had a scare yesterday.
I maybe watch interesting matches on that World Cup. Nice to see that the German ladies won 6-0 in their first match.
Three weeks gone and Germany performed badly! but the European champion England is in the final!

@Driving_Mad
@Zerforax
@Mohammed80

Anyone who cares? England is in the final!
Reply 5
Original post by Kallisto
Three weeks gone and Germany performed badly! but the European champion England is in the final!

@Driving_Mad
@Zerforax
@Mohammed80

Anyone who cares? England is in the final!

Yep I'm excited and will watch the final with my daughter.

Disgrace that Sunak and Prince William refused to travel to watch the final. Obviously would've if it was the men's final.
Original post by Zerforax
Yep I'm excited and will watch the final with my daughter.

Disgrace that Sunak and Prince William refused to travel to watch the final. Obviously would've if it was the men's final.

There are some suggestions that they were internally advised against travelling that far due to climate change concerns.
Original post by Wired_1800
There are some suggestions that they were internally advised against travelling that far due to climate change concerns.

:jester:, I don't buy it.
Original post by Talkative Toad
:jester:, I don't buy it.

Fair. It makes sense to me though.
Fair. It makes sense to me though.

Considering that they fly across the world in private jets, at least in the case of the royal family (as opposed to simply flying public), I fail to see how it makes sense but I digress. Coming from someone who doesn't care about climate change.

Not that it bothers me that they are not there though,I'm more bothered about England winning or at least scoring a goal but I doubt that'll happen by the looks of things
Considering that they fly across the world in private jets, at least in the case of the royal family (as opposed to simply flying public), I fail to see how it makes sense but I digress. Coming from someone who doesn't care about climate change.

Not that it bothers me that they are not there though,I'm more bothered about England winning or at least scoring a goal but I doubt that'll happen by the looks of things

For months, the media has bashed politicians and the elite e.g. royal family for lecturing the public about climate change and being hypocrites. That’s one of the narrative used against the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

With extinction rebellion, just stop oil and other pressure groups, the Government and elite are giving the media and public what they want, they don't attend high profile events in faraway countries.
For months, the media has bashed politicians and the elite e.g. royal family for lecturing the public about climate change and being hypocrites. That’s one of the narrative used against the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

With extinction rebellion, just stop oil and other pressure groups, the Government and elite are giving the media and public what they want, they don't attend high profile events in faraway countries.

Fair then maybe.

I hope that England can score a goal
Fair then maybe.

I hope that England can score a goal

Mary Earps for a Damehood. What a save!!
Mary Earps for a Damehood. What a save!!

Yeah good save from her
Come on Spain, just a few more minutes and you’ve brought it home! 🇪🇸
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Come on Spain, just a few more minutes and you’ve brought it home! 🇪🇸

You're supporting Spain?
You're supporting Spain?

Of course, I’m Spanish.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Of course, I’m Spanish.

Fair.

13 minutes of added time
Well done Spain, you deserved it
That game wasn't good, it was boring and England didn't play well in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest