The Student Room Group

Met Film School

Hi there! I have offers from the MetFilm school in ealing and solent uni in southhampton for Film Production. I really want to know if anyone here has been to the Met and if it was worth the extra money? What was your experience like? I read some reviews of people having a bad experience there a few years ago.Also I would move into accomodation at solent and I kinda want that independence, also the sports teams and large campus appeals to me a lot. I believe it has some connections to the industry but not as many as the Met. Basically any advice would be appreciated.
Original post by Ellen235
Hi there! I have offers from the MetFilm school in ealing and solent uni in southhampton for Film Production. I really want to know if anyone here has been to the Met and if it was worth the extra money? What was your experience like? I read some reviews of people having a bad experience there a few years ago.Also I would move into accomodation at solent and I kinda want that independence, also the sports teams and large campus appeals to me a lot. I believe it has some connections to the industry but not as many as the Met. Basically any advice would be appreciated.

Hi @Ellen235

Congratulations on your offer to study at Solent! Although I don't study Film Production, I have spoken to our Head of Film to hopefully give you some more information about Film Production at Solent.

The film facilities are great and really give you hands-on experience - in Second year, we got to use the green screens and editing rooms as part of our PR course, which was great fun! In terms of industry connections, Solent have a real focus on employability and getting industry professionals involved- in terms of Film, I have been told that a number of excellent industry speakers from various networks visit, including Mark Gatiss, Maisie Williams and Paul Franklyn (Chris Nolan's fx guy).

There are also a number of great opportunities for you to get involved in both as a film student (such as being involved in film festival programming for the annual Southampton Film Week) and as a wider Solent student (societies, sports groups and networking events). If you would like some additional information, check out the course page on our website, or alternatively, have a look at the Solent University Film website, where you can read blog posts all about film at Solent.

In terms of being a student at Solent, I thoroughly enjoyed staying in student accommodation in first year- all accommodation blocks are a very short walk away from the main University campuses, which is a bonus! Also, being close to the city centre is great- there is lots to do in the evenings and weekends.

I hope this has been helpful, please let me know if I can help with any other queries.

Best of luck with your studies,
Eloise :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Solent University, Southampton
Hi @Ellen235

Congratulations on your offer to study at Solent! Although I don't study Film Production, I have spoken to our Head of Film to hopefully give you some more information about Film Production at Solent.

The film facilities are great and really give you hands-on experience - in Second year, we got to use the green screens and editing rooms as part of our PR course, which was great fun! In terms of industry connections, Solent have a real focus on employability and getting industry professionals involved- in terms of Film, I have been told that a number of excellent industry speakers from various networks visit, including Mark Gatiss, Maisie Williams and Paul Franklyn (Chris Nolan's fx guy).

There are also a number of great opportunities for you to get involved in both as a film student (such as being involved in film festival programming for the annual Southampton Film Week) and as a wider Solent student (societies, sports groups and networking events). If you would like some additional information, check out the course page on our website, or alternatively, have a look at the Solent University Film website, where you can read blog posts all about film at Solent.

In terms of being a student at Solent, I thoroughly enjoyed staying in student accommodation in first year- all accommodation blocks are a very short walk away from the main University campuses, which is a bonus! Also, being close to the city centre is great- there is lots to do in the evenings and weekends.

I hope this has been helpful, please let me know if I can help with any other queries.

Best of luck with your studies,

This is super helpful! Thank you :smile:
This is super helpful! Thank you :smile:

No worries, I'm glad it has helped! Let me know if you'd like help with anything else!

Hi, congrats on the offers! I’m doing the 3yr practical filmmaking at MET starting this September, if you’ve ended up firming your MET offer, there’s a small Instagram group we’ve made that you are welcome to join :smile:
Original post by em.film.1
Hi, congrats on the offers! I’m doing the 3yr practical filmmaking at MET starting this September, if you’ve ended up firming your MET offer, there’s a small Instagram group we’ve made that you are welcome to join :smile:

Hey I'm going there for the screen acting course

Hey! I am thinking about going to MET, do you guys still have a group?
Reply 7
Original post by Matilda18xoxo
Hey I'm going there for the screen acting course

Hey, I going to study the same but starting september 2023, are there any student groups?
Reply 8

Hi, I am going for the 2yr BA filmmaking course at MetFilm School. Do you guys still have the group? would love to join in and know some people before getting in. Thanks a lot!

Hi there, how did you find the Met course please? Were you happy with and was it worth it? Many thanks (An Aussie considering moving to London to study at the Met)
Original post by tyana257
Hey, I going to study the same but starting september 2023, are there any student groups?

Did you enjoy the MET? Was it all you hoped it would be. I am considering moving to London for Australia to study there. Thank you!
Original post by JIEYEXI
Hi, I am going for the 2yr BA filmmaking course at MetFilm School. Do you guys still have the group? would love to join in and know some people before getting in. Thanks a lot!

Did you enjoy the MET? Was it all you hoped it would be. I am considering moving to London for Australia to study there. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending