The Student Room Group

AQA Business *New Spec* (BUSS3) Unit 3: Monday 25th of January

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
im very worried about this exam I did a retake of Buss2 on thursday and i thought that that went really well. however, i am bricking it for buss 3 - i need an A overall for business. HELP!
Reply 41
Ohhhhhhhh, does anyone want some past papers for this unit? (made by a company called APT Initiatives, but they are specifically for AQA)

Let me know and I'll upload them :smile:
can anyone help. I have been reading through the revision book and im quite concerned as there are a few things that we haven't even talked about in classes!

For example,

IRR
GDP
Politics and Business
Economics and Business
A random bit of business law?

I know these things may seem pretty straightforward but are they included in Unit 3?

It was of my understanding that this unit was simply marketing, operations, finance and human resources but just a bit more in depth, nothing to do with politics, economy or law!
Adam92
Ohhhhhhhh, does anyone want some past papers for this unit? (made by a company called APT Initiatives, but they are specifically for AQA)

I would but theres no one to mark them for me lol, I cant mark my own work when it comes to business.
Im in the same position as some other people i see. Didn't want to be entered for January and will have to end up paying for retakes in June. Im not ready at all for the exam.

I hate the fact that they are giving the formula sheet cause i have to learn them off my heart anyways for my Accounting exam so it is of no benefit for me.
Reply 45
Presidential
I would but theres no one to mark them for me lol, I cant mark my own work when it comes to business.

There are some mark schemes with some mini-essays saying how you should answer the question and what to include too :smile:
Reply 46
zedbrar
I hate the fact that they are giving the formula sheet cause i have to learn them off my heart anyways for my Accounting exam so it is of no benefit for me.

Selfish :p:
Adam92

Might as well >_>

Adam92
Selfish :p:

I see it as equality. :smile:
Adam92
There are some mark schemes with some mini-essays saying how you should answer the question and what to include too :smile:

why not :smile: i need as much revision as I can get.
Adam92

excellent! +rep
Anyone got any benchmark figures? I cant remember them.
Reply 51
Im dreading this exam, its the timing thats the hardest bit for me, 'a mark a minute for each question plus 2 mins for planning', its still not enough!! lol
Reply 52
Yep, time is a major pain in the ass, need more time especially for the 34 mark thats gonna come up, otherwise I'mfine with answering exam questions
Reply 53
exams gonna be a b***h... not looking foward to it at all!! hows everyone feeling with CPA (critical path anaylsis)???

hopefully if everyone does badly they'll drop the grade boundries... those peeps that say alevels are getting easier need to sit this exam!
Reply 54
amar84
exams gonna be a b***h... not looking foward to it at all!! hows everyone feeling with CPA (critical path anaylsis)???

hopefully if everyone does badly they'll drop the grade boundries... those peeps that say alevels are getting easier need to sit this exam!

Im lucky, because I learnt critical path anaylsis in one of my AS Further Maths modules (D1) so I guess I understood it quickly compared to the other students in my class who still don't understand it when the exam is just around the corner.
im going straight for the 34 marker, good idea?
Reply 56
Presidential
im going straight for the 34 marker, good idea?

Bad idea, the 34 mark question can have aspects of the previous three questions brought into it (especially the finance question) work through it in order but try to stick to a minute per mark :smile:
Jessica,
Bad idea, the 34 mark question can have aspects of the previous three questions brought into it (especially the finance question) work through it in order but try to stick to a minute per mark :smile:

Was just gonna say the same... my teacher said questions 1-3 are useful in supporting judgement in Question 4.

I definitely think it's best to do them in order.
Jessica,

ah I see, hmm Im always struggling for time which Is a hassle.
Ive pm'd you guys with formulas for the finance section, what is the formula for absenteeism?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending