The Student Room Group

IMRRS EO Decision Maker EO CSG 236020-308043

Just a group to keep us all up to date on what's happening with the Belfast Post for this role

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Should be easier to keep up with now lol, still haven't got my CTC email, possibly doing it in stages? Hopefully as I'm constantly checking for it now
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Just got my email today saying I've completed all pre employment checks and will be contacted soon with start date
Reply 3
Original post by DDC2024
Just got my email today saying I've completed all pre employment checks and will be contacted soon with start date

Did you get a separate email to do CTC checks after uploading ID etc
Reply 4
Original post by Bee's1979
Did you get a separate email to do CTC checks after uploading ID etc

Yeah was sent a link and guidance after I passed all other pre employment checks
Reply 5
Not sure if training is with one group but if so I imagine the start date is the 16th October. That’s my start date anyway but I was transfer so didn’t need CTC checks
Reply 6
Original post by SCG231
Not sure if training is with one group but if so I imagine the start date is the 16th October. That’s my start date anyway but I was transfer so didn’t need CTC checks

Doubt I'll get starting on 16th October, some have received their email for CTC checks frw weeks ago and have been cleared. I'm still waiting on email 😥
Reply 7
Got my start date 16th October
16th too. But I’m an internal candidate
Reply 9
Original post by andrewpandy
16th too. But I’m an internal candidate

Have you any idea if they are doing it in batches, I'm still waiting on pre employment checks
I'm in HMRC so hoped my security checks would be quicker but still don't have a start date. Interesting there's a few for the 16th though!
Reply 11
Original post by Bailey1980
I'm in HMRC so hoped my security checks would be quicker but still don't have a start date. Interesting there's a few for the 16th though!

Have your pre employment checks gone through yet? Hate this waiting lol
Yes, I think they are done in batches. For 'efficiency' purposes
Just got my CTC clearance certificate but no change yet on civil service portal. For those that have a start date - is the training all in person? or is it hybrid?

And does anyone know what we will be doing lol? All I got was a teamleader spec sheet but everything else I've heard on here is that it is a decision maker role so I've no idea!Submit reply
Reply 14
No idea yet was told line manager would contact me soon with details etc
Hi everyone. I forgot that this group had been set up lol
I have been offered a role (operational team leader) in HMPassport office. Is anyone else here in a similar role?
Have to accept the formal offer but my only worry is it’s not as hybrid as I had hoped. And I really need it to be more home based due to childcare issues.
Is everyone here in the decision maker role?
Thanks
Reply 16
Obviously we start on the minimum salary stated but does anyone know when you usually move to the top pay range advertised?
Original post by DDC2024
No idea yet was told line manager would contact me soon with details etc

Original post by peanutrules
Hi everyone. I forgot that this group had been set up lol
I have been offered a role (operational team leader) in HMPassport office. Is anyone else here in a similar role?
Have to accept the formal offer but my only worry is it’s not as hybrid as I had hoped. And I really need it to be more home based due to childcare issues.
Is everyone here in the decision maker role?
Thanks

Maybe my role is in passport office and not decision maker then lol - I've no idea.

when you say not as hybrid as you'd like - how hybrid is it? I was given teamleader spec but told it was 3 days a week at home and 2 in the office. But still no indication of when I'm starting or what the actual job is.

How long did it take between you getting CTC clearance and a start date?

Re starting wage, my understanding is that it is 28k to start and then next April you go up a scale if you;ve been in 6 months and then each year after that you go up a scale. So prob 2-3 years til maximum of the scale.
No no. You are probably in the role you think you are. I may be in the wrong group here. It’s all so confusing.
I applied for the original role way back last October and I think I’ve been given this passport job from a reserve list. I have applied for that many now I have lost touch with reality!!!
I was offered the provisional role in March and submitted my security clearance in May and got clearance a few weeks ago. Hard to keep track.
I was just wondering if anyone here had any experience of working in the passport office?
They have said I can work from home one day per week. I was hoping for three. But I’ve accepted it anyway as I feel like I’ve waited this long for the job that I would be daft to pass up on it now.
Original post by peanutrules
No no. You are probably in the role you think you are. I may be in the wrong group here. It’s all so confusing.
I applied for the original role way back last October and I think I’ve been given this passport job from a reserve list. I have applied for that many now I have lost touch with reality!!!
I was offered the provisional role in March and submitted my security clearance in May and got clearance a few weeks ago. Hard to keep track.
I was just wondering if anyone here had any experience of working in the passport office?
They have said I can work from home one day per week. I was hoping for three. But I’ve accepted it anyway as I feel like I’ve waited this long for the job that I would be daft to pass up on it now.

Ha I know the feeling. I was put on reserve for general roles in Feb but then offered this in August and security clearance has come through now. I know of ones working in passport office and they say it's nice. Is it Forestside?

I'd take it, good wage and conditions and then you can work on the work/life balance once you're in 6 months!

The reason I'm confused is that it says decision maker on the email title of job offer but they attached a team leader spec sheet. Who knows. Just got an email saying I'm all cleared and they'll be in touch with a start date!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending