The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because I don't care about it. I have far more important things consuming my thoughts tbh.
Reply 2
I haven't and wouldn't give a single penny. Why? Because I don't care in the least; Haiti is, was, and always will be a sh*t-hole and it would, frankly, be better if the whole place was wiped off the face of the earth.
Reply 3
No, I havn't seen any of the colections yet. =/
Reply 4
Mr Sparkles
If not, why not??

Because I'm too busy trying to pay for my luxuries, k?

On another note, I'd rather jump off a cliff than give money to Catholics.

On yet another note, I don't care. If I cared and gave money to every natural disaster that occurred, I've have very little cash to get on with my own privileged life.
No. Partly because I'm incredibly heartless and cynical and don't really care enough, and partly because me donating the odd tenner would be about as helpful as turning up in Port-au-Prince with a fluffy duster and a can of Mr Muscle.
Reply 6
Why should I?
Yeah, £10 and then another tenner when my dad went to donate at the bank. That doesn't make me anything special, but it was surely one of the better ways of my spending money.
Reply 8
Yep, twenty quid :smile:
I would, but I really want an ipod touch

no offence, haiti
No, because my alcohol addiction needs the money more than Haiti.
Yes because I'm not self-absorbed.
Reply 12
lella_m
Why should I?

:dontknow: I'm asking the question because in all the other Haiti threads people are raging on about how much people should care about Haiti and how they need all the aid they can get, and anyone who doesn't donate is a heartless bastard. I want to see if anyone has actually put their money where their mouth is and actually bothered or are just being hypocrites as per usual on TSR.
I haven't actually seen any collections anywhere.
Phugoid
On another note, I'd rather jump off a cliff than give money to Catholics.
As a secularist atheist, that's a lame justification. I doubt that Oxfam will be distributing bibles. :rolleyes:
Yep, only a fiver though.
Reply 16
Potally_Tissed
No. Partly because I'm incredibly heartless and cynical and don't really care enough, and partly because me donating the odd tenner would be about as helpful as turning up in Port-au-Prince with a fluffy duster and a can of Mr Muscle.

if everyone donated a tenner it would make so much of a difference.
Reply 17
No, I don't have any disposable income to be throwing around. And I don't really care so much.
In short: No.
bikipip
I don't trust charities ever since I worked for one and saw exactly where 20% of the donations went.

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2010/01/18/charity-donations-spending.html
Charity workers need money to live just like the rest of us. Spending on advertising also tends to raise more revenue along with the charity's profile. No charity would repeatedly spend on advertising if it were merely costing them more than they gained from so doing.

Latest

Trending

Trending