The Student Room Group

kingswood apprenticeship??

hey anyone thinking of doing a apprenticeship at kingswood activity centre or already done one, any tips of advice would be appreciated
Reply 1
yeh im thinking of doing it, i really really want to get a place, im 17 now and will be trying to get on the one for january next year time.
hey i have done it and its great from a job point of view but the company is shocking you will make great friends and have amazing stories and opportunities but you will often work 13 days straight with no day off doing about 10 hours paid work a day personally i would suggest doing it for 6 months getting the nvq and all the other qualifications then moving on to another company or opearing (looking after kids) would recommend just for the experience but few things to know after rent and food has come out you will have about 300 ish to play with and depending on center you will probably be sharing a room with 3 other people, the food is good but usually most of your money will be spent on buying more food cause the portions are so small but overall if you love kids and working outdoors then its good i would suggest starting in march ish time so you get all the summer it is horrendous belaying in winter
hope that helped
Reply 3
Can you remember the telephone interview conversation questions? My son is getting nervous about that process?

Original post by outtheblue
hey i have done it and its great from a job point of view but the company is shocking you will make great friends and have amazing stories and opportunities but you will often work 13 days straight with no day off doing about 10 hours paid work a day personally i would suggest doing it for 6 months getting the nvq and all the other qualifications then moving on to another company or opearing (looking after kids) would recommend just for the experience but few things to know after rent and food has come out you will have about 300 ish to play with and depending on center you will probably be sharing a room with 3 other people, the food is good but usually most of your money will be spent on buying more food cause the portions are so small but overall if you love kids and working outdoors then its good i would suggest starting in march ish time so you get all the summer it is horrendous belaying in winter
hope that helped

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending