The Student Room Group

Goldmansachs Degree Apprenticeship 2024

Hi ,
Have goldmansachs opened their application for degree apprenticeship? I am going into year 13 and still haven't received my predicted grade. Does anyone know or have advice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emnnnn4
Hi ,
Have goldmansachs opened their application for degree apprenticeship? I am going into year 13 and still haven't received my predicted grade. Does anyone know or have advice?

Yes, Goldman Sachs’s have opened their degree apprenticeships. I will be applying soon as well. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by ykulinchenko
Yes, Goldman Sachs’s have opened their degree apprenticeships. I will be applying soon as well. Good luck!

Thank you. You too. When are you planning to submit your application? I'm thinking October so I have time to work on my application. Or is that too late?
Original post by emnnnn4
Thank you. You too. When are you planning to submit your application? I'm thinking October so I have time to work on my application. Or is that too late?

I'm thinking late september, early october. I have a few courses / projects that I am finalising, and I imagine that i'm not the only one. Are you open to creating a discord channel for other goldman sachs applicants so we can discuss this in greater depth?
Reply 4
I'm thinking late september, early october. I have a few courses / projects that I am finalising, and I imagine that i'm not the only one. Are you open to creating a discord channel for other goldman sachs applicants so we can discuss this in greater depth?

You should make a whatsapp groupchat I'd be interested in joining I'm looking to apply for Degree Apprenticeships as well
Reply 5
Yes let's do that
Reply 6
Original post by emnnnn4
Yes let's do that

You going to make it and post the whatsapp group chat invite link in the forum replies?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 7
I'm planning on applying mid-october/late-october since I think that's when I'll get my final predicted grades. Which sector are you planning on going for? I'd be interested in joining the gc if you have made it btw
Original post by ciao50276
I'm planning on applying mid-october/late-october since I think that's when I'll get my final predicted grades. Which sector are you planning on going for? I'd be interested in joining the gc if you have made it btw

I am probably going for software engineering
Reply 9
Hey everyone, I’m going into Year 12 and would also like to get into a Top Degree Apprenticeship such as this one. I’m gonna be doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics, (I could do CompSci instead of Econ.) Do you have any advice on what I should do now or early to get ahead for these Degree Apprenticeships? Should I do any projects, do hobbies they like etc? Also, how important is A-Level choice for this, would doing Further Maths give me an advantage? I’d appreciate it a lot!
Original post by Ishti54
Hey everyone, I’m going into Year 12 and would also like to get into a Top Degree Apprenticeship such as this one. I’m gonna be doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics, (I could do CompSci instead of Econ.) Do you have any advice on what I should do now or early to get ahead for these Degree Apprenticeships? Should I do any projects, do hobbies they like etc? Also, how important is A-Level choice for this, would doing Further Maths give me an advantage? I’d appreciate it a lot!

From my experience talking to people in different fields, a lot of them care about the skills you develop from work experience eg. interpersonal skills (leadership, communication, listening etc.), collaboration, initiative, time management (you get the idea). They really want candidates that will be able to work well with other people and work and I think the best way to demonstrate it, is to do work experience, and in school, starting up a society if they have that in your school. If you end up doing the traditional pathway, the course you do, I don't believe matters as much. I did work experience at PwC (tax dept.) for a couple of days and most of the employees had varied degrees eg. French, English. Regarding your A-levels, you should choose subjects you enjoy but that would actually be useful for what you want to do in the future.
Reply 11
Original post by ciao50276
From my experience talking to people in different fields, a lot of them care about the skills you develop from work experience eg. interpersonal skills (leadership, communication, listening etc.), collaboration, initiative, time management (you get the idea). They really want candidates that will be able to work well with other people and work and I think the best way to demonstrate it, is to do work experience, and in school, starting up a society if they have that in your school. If you end up doing the traditional pathway, the course you do, I don't believe matters as much. I did work experience at PwC (tax dept.) for a couple of days and most of the employees had varied degrees eg. French, English. Regarding your A-levels, you should choose subjects you enjoy but that would actually be useful for what you want to do in the future.

Thanks! I have applied to some work experiences (UBS, JPMorgan, etc) hopefully I can get places there.
Original post by mojebow259
You going to make it and post the whatsapp group chat invite link in the forum replies?

I made a whatsapp group chat, however my post got deleted for some reason (maybe its against the guidelines to post external links?).
edit: It appears it is indeed against the guidelines to post about messaging applications such as WhatsApp and Discord
(edited 7 months ago)
I made a whatsapp group chat, however my post got deleted for some reason (maybe its against the guidelines to post external links?).
edit: It appears it is indeed against the guidelines to post about messaging applications such as WhatsApp and Discord

PM the link?
Reply 14
Hey,
Does anyone want to make the WhatsApp group? I'm finding it difficult to create one as I need contact's?
Original post by emnnnn4
Hey,
Does anyone want to make the WhatsApp group? I'm finding it difficult to create one as I need contact's?

If you make one and message me the link I'll be happy to join
Original post by emnnnn4
Hey,

If someone ends up making one, could it please get it PM'd to me?
Reply 17
hi guys for engineering degree apprenticeship role do I have to do hackerrank assessment
Reply 18
I wanna join ,If there’s a group can you can PM me the link please
Reply 19
let me join too please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending