The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Bio unit 1 - Not bad! what's the problem??

Im embarassed to say the least that i've raised my voice against OCR A2 bio unit 1, becauss quite frankly that paper was beautiful and followed the specification nicely apart from the seal question! which was meant to be a synoptic question. I do realise now that people shouldn't be complaining about this paper but rather stand up and move on!
the AQA bio unit 4 candidates have every right to stand up and voice their concerns because the paper was clearly a paper written by a drunk examiner overly obsessed with shrews!
Reply 1
Remarqable M
Im embarassed to say the least that i've raised my voice against OCR A2 bio unit 1, becauss quite frankly that paper was beautiful and followed the specification nicely apart from the seal question! which was meant to be a synoptic question. I do realise now that people shouldn't be complaining about this paper but rather stand up and move on!
the AQA bio unit 4 candidates have every right to stand up and voice their concerns because the paper was clearly a paper written by a drunk examiner overly obsessed with shrews!

No it wasn't synoptic. There's nothing we could've related to that we've learnt before in previous modules and exams. My guess is that it was a very, very, very, very, very awkwardly worded question on respiration.
To be fair,
The aqa paper (I did sit it) was perfectly reasonable....we knew it was going to be very application based and the exam board was well within their specification

Can't see what all the fuss is about!
Reply 3
i cannot understand how you can say something like that. quit frankly we can look at this from two perspectives.
first of all the specification was so detailed the amount of time i spent revising the biochemistry details from glycolysis to adrenalin - cyclic amp - the list goes on for ever , and then the exam contains only 2 topics.
Nerves was the main thing that came up that was fine but then again the photosynthesis expirmental question wat the hell was that ........it was an exam not a practical.
The question about dialysis was very vague not worded properly.
The question about why the equation was over simplified.
there are many bad things on this paper ..........it was a good paper for those who just skimmed through the sylabus and didnt revise but for others who spent months everything looked to simple and vague.
Reply 4
Let it go son, let it go. :console:
Reply 5
"remarkable M" , after all those past papers you put together ......revision notes you spent time diong , your still satisified that 90% of what you did was piontless in the end ?
Reply 6
MG.GULED
i cannot understand how you can say something like that. quit frankly we can look at this from two perspectives.
first of all the specification was so detailed the amount of time i spent revising the biochemistry details from glycolysis to adrenalin - cyclic amp - the list goes on for ever , and then the exam contains only 2 topics.
Nerves was the main thing that came up that was fine but then again the photosynthesis expirmental question wat the hell was that ........it was an exam not a practical.
The question about dialysis was very vague not worded properly.
The question about why the equation was over simplified.
there are many bad things on this paper ..........it was a good paper for those who just skimmed through the sylabus and didnt revise but for others who spent months everything looked to simple and vague.

i understand your pain and i share your sentiments, but I still believe complaining about this paper is very embarassing considering your expected to know everything in the book even if the stuff is not coming up in the exam and everything that you've learned might come to your advantage when doing the next unit.
Reply 7
MG.GULED
"remarkable M" , after all those past papers you put together ......revision notes you spent time diong , your still satisified that 90% of what you did was piontless in the end ?

I don't regret putting those past papers together.:smile:
I hope it is was useful for everyone doing the paper!
Seal question wasnt synoptic. It may have had multiple answers, but the most obvious answer(buffers) can be seen from the page 95 of OCR textbook.
Reply 9
LearningMath
Seal question wasnt synoptic. It may have had multiple answers, but the most obvious answer(buffers) can be seen from the page 95 of OCR textbook.

Of course, not all schools may supply this book to their students so many, many student will be disadvantaged. Even with this, students with the OCR book may not have looked at that 1 question as it is not specified on the specification. After all, you were only required to "compare and contrast anaerobic respiration in mammals and yeast". Not know the flippin' analogy of a seal.

Latest

Trending

Trending