The Student Room Group

AS biology coursework (edexcel) ideas?

we are getting our packs tomorrow with information but from the topics they give you already but i dont really like the sound of the chosen topics and wanted to do something that i take interest in :/ (our teacher says we can do something different as long as it works and is relevant.) i would really like to do something that is related to my AS level work but also something to do with psychology so i could link the two together?

i was thinking of inherited diseases which could affect the brain? im not sure if it would work though. any ideas? thankyou :smile:
Reply 1
i could really use the help :frown:
I'm doing my AS online so I can choose from anything that is in the course materials and has some ethical issues to talk about. I think it's harder to pick something for yourself, but in the long run would be more rewarding if you're interested in it. So after a few ideas that my tutor turned down I think I'm going to go for factors affecting coronary heart disease. I have seen people linking that to psychology too, not sure how exactly but probably to do with the disease being pretty much self-induced...
Reply 3
DON'T TRY AND LINK TO PSYCHOLOGY!

Sorry. Anyways, I tried that last year and my mark dropped a grade because of it. It is very hard to find a Psychology based subject that is significantly being researched by biologists and thus is suitable to report on.

Any suggestions would be welcomed here too as I'm now re-doing this coursework and need a topic.
Reply 4
i got a list of topics i could do today and most people have picked the ones im considering and we arent allowed to pick the same thing as eachother which only leaves me with the potential of gene therapy :/

but i thought of some other topics that wernt on the list which i thought would be interesting such as: should euthanasia be legalised? or the use of forensic science in modern society.

would those be good topics to look at? 2bh i'd like to do a topic thats not the traditional one that most people do such as treatments for CHD or the pros n cons of stem cells.
hyper-maniac92
2bh i'd like to do a topic thats not the traditional one that most people do such as treatments for CHD or the pros n cons of stem cells.

Yeah I agree with you there...I had a couple of interesting ideas but was told they were more suited to A2 - GAH!!

Euthanasia sounds interesting!
Reply 6
i picked a topic now :smile:

how does animal testing contribute to medical research?

thanks for the help people :biggrin:
Reply 7
Our teacher is so pushing everyone to do something in environmental/animal problems.... it's sooooooooooooooooooooooo boring and I'm stuck how to start.

Latest

Trending

Trending