The Student Room Group

RSM Uni Netherlands... Any good.???

Hey everyone...

Ive applied to the Rotterdam School of Management to study International Business Administration...

Does anyone know how academicaly good it is???

Cheers :biggrin:
Reply 1
What exactly do you want to know?
Reply 2
RSM has an excellent reputation in the field of Business Administration, so I guess the academic standards will be reasonably high. Many Germans study there and I was told by a friend that their courses are in general quite math-heavy.
Reply 3
I don't think the courses are math-heavy. In fact, the students from the economics faculty look down on RSM because of the lack of math in business administration.

However, the courses are very academically focused. I've heard from friends at other schools in Europe/US that they just make case studies and reports all the time. RSM professors focus on getting their students in contact with their field of research by letting them read up on all kinds of scientific stuff. Can be pretty boring, but in the long run it does stimulate critical and analytical thinking a lot more than other teaching styles.

It's true that there are a lot of Germans students around. No one's really proud of that, but hey, what can you do about it?
Reply 4
For a business program it indeed is very academical, but if you are looking for an academic experience the International Bachelor in Economics from the School of Economics is the way to go.

I finished my first year of IBA courses with a 9.0 average (like top 0.2% that is) and yet I decided to switch and start as a freshman in economics, just because I wanted to get into academia.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending