The Student Room Group

RSM Audit Assistant

Hi Guys, I have an Assessment center (Virtual) coming for the RSM Audit assistant role. I would like to know how much traveling should I expect as an audit assistant in the first year so that I can arrange a car for myself. if any of you know about RSM travel allowances please mention them here. I was considering getting a PCH so that I don't have to worry about the car as it will be a new car. what could be wrong with me getting PCH on a Hybrid? RSM Southampton office is where job is.
Reply 1
Original post by bob1u17
Hi Guys, I have an Assessment center (Virtual) coming for the RSM Audit assistant role. I would like to know how much traveling should I expect as an audit assistant in the first year so that I can arrange a car for myself. if any of you know about RSM travel allowances please mention them here. I was considering getting a PCH so that I don't have to worry about the car as it will be a new car. what could be wrong with me getting PCH on a Hybrid? RSM Southampton office is where job is.

I applied to tax assistant At rsm for an industrial placement year been waiting for a month after the virtual launch pad for an assessment centre invite how long did it take you to get an invite to the assessment centre mate?
Reply 2
Original post by oci9
I applied to tax assistant At rsm for an industrial placement year been waiting for a month after the virtual launch pad for an assessment centre invite how long did it take you to get an invite to the assessment centre mate?

I got an AC invite pretty soon after the virtual interview. The process took 4 weeks till now and my AC is day after tomorrow. Bear in mind my role is jan 2022 start
Reply 3
Original post by bob1u17
I got an AC invite pretty soon after the virtual interview. The process took 4 weeks till now and my AC is day after tomorrow. Bear in mind my role is jan 2022 start

Ahh that makes a lot of sense my start would be august 2022 so I think RSM are not wanting to cash in on their chips too early and instead they wanna wait for more applicants. Also in terms of your travel I feel as though there would be a hefty amount as even in first year you'll have a lot of responsibilities. I applied to Audit at EY and in my assessment centre we spoke to current employees and they did say most of their time was split on client sites along with working at the office so quite a decent amount of travel I'd say.
Thanks for the reply and I wish you well with your assessment centre!
Reply 4
Original post by oci9
Ahh that makes a lot of sense my start would be august 2022 so I think RSM are not wanting to cash in on their chips too early and instead they wanna wait for more applicants. Also in terms of your travel I feel as though there would be a hefty amount as even in first year you'll have a lot of responsibilities. I applied to Audit at EY and in my assessment centre we spoke to current employees and they did say most of their time was split on client sites along with working at the office so quite a decent amount of travel I'd say.
Thanks for the reply and I wish you well with your assessment centre!

Thank you. I will keep this page posted on the outcome and further doubts. Do you have any tips for AC? how intense was it? what is most useful on the day that I can prepare in advance?
Reply 5
Original post by bob1u17
Thank you. I will keep this page posted on the outcome and further doubts. Do you have any tips for AC? how intense was it? what is most useful on the day that I can prepare in advance?

Thanks mate that's very kind.
Honestly I can't lie I was panicking beforehand but it went super well. I felt As though the questions were very good they ask for your general ambitions and stuff . And just make sure in the group discussions your actively contributing cause that's what the assessors look for make sure to compliment everyone and just play the game and it'll go smoothly just know yourself and your cv inside out I'd say is the take home from it all as that's vital
I wish you the best of luck!
Reply 6
Original post by oci9
Thanks mate that's very kind.
Honestly I can't lie I was panicking beforehand but it went super well. I felt As though the questions were very good they ask for your general ambitions and stuff . And just make sure in the group discussions your actively contributing cause that's what the assessors look for make sure to compliment everyone and just play the game and it'll go smoothly just know yourself and your cv inside out I'd say is the take home from it all as that's vital
I wish you the best of luck!

Great Thank you!
Reply 7
Original post by bob1u17

Hi, hope you did well on your AC. I have mine tomorrow for Audit Assistant as well and would really appreciate if you share some tips/questions of what should I expect. All the best.
Reply 8
Original post by eqehaja
Hi, hope you did well on your AC. I have mine tomorrow for Audit Assistant as well and would really appreciate if you share some tips/questions of what should I expect. All the best.

Hi, are you Jan 2022 entry too?
Reply 9
Original post by oci9

Hi, yes I am - London based
Reply 10
Original post by oci9

Yes
Reply 11
Original post by eqehaja

Hi, be prepared to be grilled. Nothing too technical. But the strength questions taken too far. Link as many examples as you can but they won’t mention it.
Reply 12
Hi I just finished my ac on Wednesday, and was wondering how long it takes to get back to you in general?Many thanks!
Reply 13
Original post by bob1u17
Hi, be prepared to be grilled. Nothing too technical. But the strength questions taken too far. Link as many examples as you can but they won’t mention it.

Hi I just finished my ac on Wednesday, and was wondering how long it takes to get back to you in general?Many thanks!
Reply 14
Original post by eqehaja

Reply 15
Original post by rwgm

How long did it take to hear from them?
Original post by bob1u17

how was the ac - think mine might be coming up soon :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending