The Student Room Group

RSM Gradute Scheme 2023

Hi,

Has anyone started applying in the 2023 intakes for RSM??

Scroll to see replies

I've applied to financial modelling and just finished video interview the other day. I accidentally applied to Jan intake instead of August tho, emailed them in hopes of changing it :///
Reply 2
Original post by nvie4321
I've applied to financial modelling and just finished video interview the other day. I accidentally applied to Jan intake instead of August tho, emailed them in hopes of changing it :///

Yes that happened to me aswell previously, they ll change it for you. I don't know why is called a job simulation. Would you be able to tell me what kind of things they asked. Was it an interview or not? If yes, what kind of q s were you asked. I can t really find any information regarding it. How did you prepare for it? It says it's gonna be 45 mins long and that's it
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi, I’ve completed up until the job simulation but RSM didn’t give any outline of how long it takes to hear back and I’ve not heard anything yet. Anyone else in the same boat?
Reply 4
Original post by Jsimons56
Hi, I’ve completed up until the job simulation but RSM didn’t give any outline of how long it takes to hear back and I’ve not heard anything yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

Hey what did the job simulation entail if you could tell me please. And how did you prepare for it?

They'll get back to you within 4-6 weeks but expect an answer in 2 weeks as we are the early applicants.
Original post by Izan
Hey what did the job simulation entail if you could tell me please. And how did you prepare for it?

They'll get back to you within 4-6 weeks but expect an answer in 2 weeks as we are the early applicants.

Hi, my job simulation involved 5 video questions throughout and they’d give you 2 minutes to think of your answer and then 2 minutes to record your answer I think. I did it on the 05/10 so I can’t remember fully what it was like but it was definitely timed and the questions were a mix of competency questions and questions about the firm. I’m ngl I can’t remember what the rest of the assessment was like but I’m sure the parts that weren’t videos were not timed and they were quite straightforward where you just had to say how you would respond to different work scenarios through multiple choice questions? I wouldn’t worry about that though just make sure ur prepped for the video stuff
Is anyone's custom assessment stuck on 'Pending' in the portal - I completed it a week ago and mine is still saying pending :/
Reply 7
Original post by alexgmt
Is anyone's custom assessment stuck on 'Pending' in the portal - I completed it a week ago and mine is still saying pending :/

If you ve completed the assessment theb you should have received an email straight away telling you whether you passed. If you haven't received the link, it means the system has automatically rejected your application. Contact the HR team, they ll sort it out for you and send you the link for the assessment.

If you have taken the test, and failed it means that someone will review to make the final decision hence why it says pending.
Reply 8
Original post by alexgmt

If you are referring to the vi and completed it, then don't worry. They ll review it and let you know about the outcome. How did you find it though. I m gonna do mine tomorrow. Any tips or what kind of q s were u asked?
Original post by Izan
If you are referring to the vi and completed it, then don't worry. They ll review it and let you know about the outcome. How did you find it though. I m gonna do mine tomorrow. Any tips or what kind of q s were u asked?

yeah meant the VI, was fairly regular. I can't remember exactly as have done 40ish applications and all merge into one a bit - mine was the Economist route so essentially just asking why I went for the scheme and what my interests were aligning with it. but not sure how helpful that is as essentially every VI seems to ask that stuff.. I would recommend just having the job description in a tab next to the VI to refer back to what they're looking for when you get a bit lost
Reply 10
Hi, my job simulation involved 5 video questions throughout and they’d give you 2 minutes to think of your answer and then 2 minutes to record your answer I think. I did it on the 05/10 so I can’t remember fully what it was like but it was definitely timed and the questions were a mix of competency questions and questions about the firm. I’m ngl I can’t remember what the rest of the assessment was like but I’m sure the parts that weren’t videos were not timed and they were quite straightforward where you just had to say how you would respond to different work scenarios through multiple choice questions? I wouldn’t worry about that though just make sure ur prepped for the video stuff

Hey simon, I just completed my job simulation. You know for the first question after the video testing, that was a practice question too, right? Because in the video it said that that's a practice q aswell. I'm scared because I just skipped that question
Original post by Izan
Hey simon, I just completed my job simulation. You know for the first question after the video testing, that was a practice question too, right? Because in the video it said that that's a practice q aswell. I'm scared because I just skipped that question

Hi, yeah it was deffo a practice question to practice talking on your camera mine was just asking me about the weather
Reply 12
Hi, yeah it was deffo a practice question to practice talking on your camera mine was just asking me about the weather

No, I mean after the weather one. There was another question where she said it was a practice one with no scenario whatsoever. I just skipped that question. I probs flopped it, if it was a real one.
Original post by Izan
No, I mean after the weather one. There was another question where she said it was a practice one with no scenario whatsoever. I just skipped that question. I probs flopped it, if it was a real one.

I’m not sure then I don’t remember after that😭
Reply 14
I’m not sure then I don’t remember after that😭

I've contacted someone on Linkedin she confirmed that it was a practice q, but don't know why the toggle bar counted it as a question. Also, you remember the last q where you had to give a written answer. It said you are allowed to write up to 500 words, but for some reason mine wasn't letting me write more than 150 words.

Have you applied anywhere else. I've got GT online tests to take which i'm gonna do tomorrow.
(edited 1 year ago)
got rejected this morning
Original post by alexgmt
got rejected this morning

Same here ahaha
Reply 17
Original post by Izan
Oh alright, so it's like the one I did last year. But last year, they didn't have the scenario bit, and told you how to prepare for it. Last year, they got back to me after 8 weeks, but I applied very late at that time. I was successful and waited for the assessment centre invite but was later deferred as they filled the application for that year. I think because we have applied early, they should get back to you within 3 weeks. Then you'll get an ac invite, which is 20 strength and technical based questions.

So is it the same as last year or no?
Hi guys,

I had my AC yesterday and got the job! When they rang they said I was really confident so my advice is confidence and be very friendly. Prep for the usual AC stuff like role play, group work and an interview and you should be good. Good luck to the rest of you :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Bjd0885
I’ve just got an email to say I passed the VI and have been shortlisted

Same, but I'm still waiting for the invite. Have you received the invite for ac yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending