The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
w8wizz
k, thx, but i gained alot more weight tho. i started eating more.

Would not worry about it too much. I mean to remember that this is quite common when people stop smoking so unless it is an awfull lot it should not be much to worry about. Maybe you could compensate with some extra excercise? Many ex-smokers feeel they get better endurance when they quit. As far as I know this is mainly because your blood regains its potential to transport oxygen since you no longer inhale large ammounts of carbon monoxide. Hmmm, nerd-alert , turning of geek mode... Long story short you should be able to cope better with physical excercise when you stop smoking.
I did smoke and I stopped straight away. No cravings nothing. I might do it at parties in the future as a casual thing cause I know I don't get addicted. Its just something I did and it didn't do anything for me but it did cut away at my debit card and money.
w8wizz
k, thx, but i gained alot more weight tho. i started eating more.

Okay I must be odd. I quit and lost alot of weight. It just feel off me as soon as I quit :confused: .
yes i managed, wasn't easy and took about six months to stop properly but no longer do it :smile:
Reply 24
Doom_and_Gloom
I did smoke and I stopped straight away. No cravings nothing. I might do it at parties in the future as a casual thing cause I know I don't get addicted. Its just something I did and it didn't do anything for me but it did cut away at my debit card and money.

Im sorry if I sound like an old grandmother now, but I really think it is a bad idea for you to smoke even if it is just at parties. To me it seems about as healthy as to put your mouth to your car's exhaust pipe and take a deep breath. Oh well, I suppose Im not your dady or anything so I wont start going on about it ...
Doom_and_Gloom
Okay I must be odd. I quit and lost alot of weight. It just feel off me as soon as I quit :confused: .

I'm jealous
ive tried many a time and failed miserably

i think its a lot to do wiv motivation cos ive got a referral form to a smoking cessation service, and being a student nurse, we've been give training for providing our patients with everything they need to stop smoking (hypocritical maybe?) but im not ready to stop yet

alltho ive been considering it recently, so i spose thats a gud thing at least
Reply 27
I don't smoke so obviously I can easily say now if I did then I'd stop no problem. The thing is though if I did smoke, I might rely on the nicotine so I wouldn't be able to stop as simple as that. If you know what I mean?

Asking people if they smoked could they stop seems a bit of a simplistic question with many different variables such as wanting to/addictiveness/will power/others. I don't think its as straight forward as that hun :frown:
Reply 28
Jonatan
Maybe a solution would be to ditch two bad habbits instead of only one :wink:

or just buy two beers. One for each hand :biggrin:
I was a smoker and i did manage to quit:biggrin:

Apart from the occasional cigarette when i'm drinking but thats rare when i feel the need for that.
Reply 30
Herleif Arkadios
or just buy two beers. One for each hand :biggrin:

That is probably the best idea I've heard yet :biggrin: I'm all for it! :beerglass :beer: :cheers:
Yes, because I have done :eek: :smile:
Reply 32
I can't seem to get addicted to smoking. I smoked during my exams and a little for a few months before but as soon as I left Cambridge I stopped. It wasn't like I meant to, I just did. I'm not complaining though.
Reply 33
I don't smoke but if I did I wouldn't quit, it'd make me put on weight!
Reply 34
*Saffy*
I don't smoke but if I did I wouldn't quit, it'd make me put on weight!

Surely smoking is way worse than some excess weight, no ? Even if you don't considder the health effects I sure know what Id prefer..
Reply 35
Willpower is key, just like for any other goal. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending