The Student Room Group

Analyst Wardrobe

Scroll to see replies

Go to Vietnam. Head to Hoi An. Find nice material. Find nice tailor. Get perfect bespoke tailored suit. Buy cheap hooker (no pedo) <--- cheaper, better and a hell of a lot more fun than any of the other suggestions in this thread.
ghostrider88
First, this thread is hilarious, great chat by greeny blue eyes and loggins.

Going to take this as a compliment :biggrin:.
Prince of Zamunda
Go to Vietnam. Head to Hoi An. Find nice material. Find nice tailor. Get perfect bespoke tailored suit. Buy cheap hooker (no pedo) <--- cheaper, better and a hell of a lot more fun than any of the other suggestions in this thread.

Cheap hooker? Surely in Vietnam you could splash out a bit... Say 15 quid not 10.
Reply 63
gangst
I thought the idea of the golden handshake was to go out and spend it on some decent stuff? Quite a lot of my friends who got golden handshakes used the cash to buy Rolex's and similar.

A rolex? What the hell?

I'm spending my golden handshake on a trip to South America before starting work. I'm probably going to need to save a bit for work clothes but there's no way I'm wasting it on needlessly expensive stuff.
greenyblue_eyes
Cheap hooker? Surely in Vietnam you could splash out a bit... Say 15 quid not 10.

It's obscene how much hookers get paid these days especially considering the financial crisis.
Reply 65
I think it is because of the financial crisis thus resulting to more mental depression therefore leading to a high demand for hookers (in order to regain the self-confident feeling and many other positive feelings). Therefore I can see no reasons why hookers get paid less. :P
Reply 66
the only thing I want is a Breitling
Reply 67
Christo
A rolex? What the hell?

I'm spending my golden handshake on a trip to South America before starting work. I'm probably going to need to save a bit for work clothes but there's no way I'm wasting it on needlessly expensive stuff.

Sorry to piss on your bonfire but i can wager that you wont get it until you actually start, probably in your first month.

Brown shoes is a no no. TM Lewin are one of the best places for cheap yet really good quality and fitting shirts. Hawes tend to be a little too big, and we all know having a Pink shirt is great but not every single one.

I bought a Paul Smith suit for £500 from Selfridges a couple of weeks ago. Fits like a dream. Probably get a Boss one come the summer too.
gangst
I thought the idea of the golden handshake was to go out and spend it on some decent stuff? Quite a lot of my friends who got golden handshakes used the cash to buy Rolex's and similar.

You think that's more baller than this?

Btw, no-one on the trading floor will give a ****. Maybe more reason to be 'careful' in investment banking.
Reply 69
CityMonkey
You think that's more baller than this?

Btw, no-one on the trading floor will give a ****. Maybe more reason to be 'careful' in investment banking.

Perhaps people dont buy **** to impress colleagues on the trading floor. Id buy a Tag Monaco because ive wanted one for ages, not to impress the trader 2 desks down.
Man I love this ****.

Wear this and you'll be more baller than Hank:

Reply 71
I think we should all just rock up in Austin Powers kind of colours. Just to keep it classy, lets make it Boss.

http://www.hugoboss-store.co.uk/Aleks/Hilar/50176241,en_GB,pd.html?color=620&size=46&cgid=Menswear-Clothing-Suits
Christo

Good choice.

I'm spending mine on Peru, Ecuador and the Galapagos. And dossing about in France for the remainder.

Only expensive items are a carry-on and a laptop bag, which is about £800 total. Oh well. Might round it up to a grand with some new brogues.
Reply 73
PorcineAviation
Good choice.

I'm spending mine on Peru, Ecuador and the Galapagos. And dossing about in France for the remainder.

Only expensive items are a carry-on and a laptop bag, which is about £800 total. Oh well. Might round it up to a grand with some new brogues.

I already have mine (brogue-esque anyway) all picked for when i get the relocation through. May 23rd, £210. Done. :yep:
Reply 74
what about a females wardrobe?
Reply 75
I rather invest/save the golden handshake bonus since it is tax free....
Neocortex

How would it be tax free?
Reply 77
Neocortex

Mines going to be invested in a trip to Vegas. a cool $5000 exchanged in Bellagio chips, a penthouse in Caesars, and Mike Tyson's tiger just chilling around in my bathroom. Might pop down to get myself married to a hooker too. If i can get one like Heather Graham, ill be a happy man.
Reply 78
loggins
It's pretty important here, not like those scruffy bastards on Wall Street...

Lol...that's pretty accurate. I've never seen anyone in a suit, much less a tie. And as for casual Friday's it not all that casual. You can have the top button of your shirt undone that's it. Summer wardrobe is a little more relaxed, we would get a memo saying what we could and could not wear. Boy could wear chino's and a smart RL polo. If you have tat's you can forget the RL polo. Girls, no exposed shoulders, no low cut tops...no messy hair. You had to be presentable.

As for the person above who asked about girls and what they wear in IB. I used to wear smart tops, nice trousers [J Crew/Banana Republic], nice heels [my boss preferred it], or nice flats [shoes were either Christian Louboutin, Calvin Klien, Missoni in the summer etc etc], minimal jewelery simple silver ring and pearl earrings, nice watch. Always immaculate turned out. Nice hair, nice nails, nice make-up, clear skin. Appearance matters a s*** load. So you better get ready to look after yourself. I worked on the floor though and it was typical to see all the girls turned out nicely. If you worked in some of the other departments it was more casual. :smile:
I'm spending my golden hello on My gf is spending my golden hello on...

Oy vey!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending