The Student Room Group

Help with uni app. for psychology please!

Im currently applying for university to study psychology having got ABCC at A level (inc. general studies). So far I've got Bangor, Chester and probably Plymouth down as choices but I am having difficulty filling the other spots. I had tried to go with Cardiff and Manchester but it turns out the entry requirements are definitely to high fo rme to get in. Can anyone suggest alternative universities that are good for studying psychology and that i have a chance of getting into please!? Preferably ones nearer Chester would be good.
You don't have to fill all of the 5 choices if you don't want - there is no point in applying to places just for the pure sake of it, only pick places you realistically want to go to meaning there is no point me suggesting Newcastle seeing as its not near Chester. This is hypothetical, I have no idea whether or not Newcastle would take you or not.

Why not apply to the 2 or 3 places you currently have as you can only go to one place anyway so you don't need to try and fill all 5 :smile: Have you checked that these 3 will still consider your application given it is late?

One of my best friends did psychology at Plymouth and loved it :smile:
Northumbria?
I study Psychology at Oxford Brookes. The official entry requirements are ABB/AAC but there are people on my course with ABC. Swansea also ask for ABB/AAC but might be worth a try.
Which grade is your General Studies one? Brookes and Swansea don't accept GS.
You can also submit your application with only 3 choices and add them in later to a total of 5.
Reply 6
I have ABC at A Level and I've applied for Plymouth, Portsmouth, Winchester, Bournemouth and UEA. I have unconditionals from all but Portsmouth (well, 2 conditionals, but the conditions were to send them my results). They're all BPS accredited courses and I'm probably going to end up at UEA.

Latest