The Student Room Group

How long is too long for hair?

Scroll to see replies

mines mid back, i'd like it to be waist length but i think its too thick for that.
my hairs wavy though and i think that looks nice longer than straight hair
Reply 21
Totally agree with you, longer than tail bone? That's just freaky. If your hair was floor length you wouldn't need to hoover if you had wooden floors lol.
Hula129
also depends on the thickness of your hair surely ?

Yeah, you're right. Longer is better when it's thicker; really long hair that's thin could look a bit stringy.
midback! straggly thin hair is never a good look. if its in good condition then maybe longer!
Tuck-into-socks length

:awesome:
I think up to waist length is ok, anything over that and you start to look like a Rapunzel wannabe: http://photowebs.blogspot.com/2006/11/women-with-long-hair.html
Reply 26
Anything lower than waist length and she needs a slap.
Personally I hate my hair being longer than just below my shoulders. I have seriously thick hair and it can get hard to manage. Really need it to be cut soon.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
I was just thinking of those women that have hair so long, some down to the floor, and I think "Why?" It's just like too much, I'd imagine it would be a lot to look after, and it doesn't even look that nice. No offence to anyone, that's just my opinion. I do think long hair is pretty, up to a certain length. I think the longest flattering length is about waist length, or maybe tail-bone, but that's pushing it a little. Anything past tail-bone looks a bit excessive to me. What's your opinion?

I love long hair above the boob is short to me. My hair is at mid back but I have layers.. I want my hair to be waist length.
My hair is to my 'midback'. nearly growing to my elbows.
Trim it monthly, and haven't had split ends in more than a year. Have to look after my hair quite a bit :h: I still loves it and want to keep it this length :love:
Reply 30
im a big fan of hair =D I think tailbone length is perfect, nowhere past mid thigh
it has to be in good condition though, not a birds nest
Waist is the max. When hair gets too long, I just think it looks so childish. :dontknow:
I used to have it waist length and it was much too long on me. Now I've had it cut to bra strap / mid back with lots of layers and I like it so much more!
For me I think hair that's at least ra strap length looks really nice - provided that it is well amintained of course! Anything longer than the waist is just far too much for me. I think mine's about mid back... or may bra strap after I had it cut.
Reply 34
really long hair is rare to see now and i really like it, as long as its not a mess.
Reply 35
CherryCherryBoomBoom
I was just thinking of those women that have hair so long, some down to the floor, and I think "Why?" It's just like too much, I'd imagine it would be a lot to look after, and it doesn't even look that nice. No offence to anyone, that's just my opinion. I do think long hair is pretty, up to a certain length. I think the longest flattering length is about waist length, or maybe tail-bone, but that's pushing it a little. Anything past tail-bone looks a bit excessive to me. What's your opinion?

BSL as you have put it is the best in my opinion.
Reply 37
As long as possible so you can wrap it around your body and wear it as a dress.

Seriously though, theres nothing worse than seeing a girl with really long rats -tail hair that resembles the back end of a horse. I honestly find it quite freaky when I see girls with tailbone length hair or longer. It's just not a good look.
..How short is too short?
past the elbow is to long in my opinion, but i think it all depends on hair condition and thickness etc

Quick Reply

Latest