The Student Room Group

What hats can you wear while driving?

So I've got my first driving lesson coming up in years and I don't want my hair to touch the seat/head rest because I'm a germophobe and don't want to wash my hair after every lesson . I can't remember if my head will be touching it or not. Possibly could lean forward the whole time but that would probably be uncomfortable. Can you wear any hat as long as your view/hearing isn't restricted? Like I've got beanies but they're wooly and not appropriate for this hot weather or does it matter? Like I still see people when I go out wear them when it's hot but haven't seen anyone driving wearing them. I've got a cap too which I never wear but I know they're ok for driving as I've seen instructors where them. I ordered a large headband so if it comes in time then maybe I could tie my hair in a bun and put the band over so the back of my head would be covered. I would wear my hoody hood but that's not allowed it could end up restricting my view or maybe I could do a ponytail and pull the hoody hood down to ponytail then the ponytail downwards would be covered and maybe none of my hair would touch the seat. Idk any ideas? I don't have any summer hats and don't have the time go out and buy and if I ordered it wouldn't arrive before the lesson day as it's in less than a few days 😩
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
I don't know what the legal restrictions are but as long as its not restricting your field of vision it shouldn't matter.
When I was learning to drive I didn't really rest my head since theres so much to focus on anyways but eh. You need to focus on the road so if a headband or beanie will help you keep your mind there then that's the right choice.
I simply cannot imagine having a life like yours and getting wound up by these thoughts all the time :tongue:
Reply 4
Many drivers wear two hats that, in fact, make them impatient two hats

Quick Reply

Latest