The Student Room Group

Girls, what makes a guy attractive to you?

Complete honesty please… and also mention physical traits (especially them!). Any personal examples would be appreciated too :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Complete honesty please… and also mention physical traits (especially them!). Any personal examples would be appreciated too :smile:

Personally I think it’s amazing when a guy knows how to be completely honest and is able to communicate well. That is a key thing to having a relationship work and not many men (or the guys I’ve come across) have that. For physical traits I like guys who has a nice back/a bit of broad shoulders and a nice/funny laugh and a smile that I could look at forever. Of course a guy who is nice and friendly is amazing but that is more of a given. I don’t know if this helps but this is what I think personally! :smile:

if the guy likes to read books in his spare time or is a book nerd :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ichigoxo
Personally I think it’s amazing when a guy knows how to be completely honest and is able to communicate well. That is a key thing to having a relationship work and not many men (or the guys I’ve come across) have that. For physical traits I like guys who has a nice back/a bit of broad shoulders and a nice/funny laugh and a smile that I could look at forever. Of course a guy who is nice and friendly is amazing but that is more of a given. I don’t know if this helps but this is what I think personally! :smile:

Thanks! Great comment.
What about physical turnoffs?
Reply 4
if the guy likes to read books in his spare time or is a book nerd :smile:

ok... and what about physical traits?
ok... and what about physical traits?

physical traits don't really matter, as long as they are healthy and look after themselves well and have good hygiene. i think personality is more important and especially a guy who listens well to others
For me, what makes a guy attractive (looks wise) is if he is tall (5'10+), lean/skinny :wink:, quite good-looking (idk how to describe a good looking face, v subjective), has a beautiful smile, smells good!! As for personality, this is important cus you can be pretty but wouldn't be attractive if you have a **** personality. Being funny, caring, sarcastic humour (cus I am), emotionally aware/intelligent, and being smart too is a bonus but not a necessity, having goals in life and aspiration for themselves.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 7
Thanks! Great comment.

What about physical turnoffs?[/QUOTEu

Thanks! Great comment.
What about physical turnoffs?

Physical turnoffs for me would be if the guy is unhygienic (not fully a physical trait) but yeah and if they have super long nails
Reply 8
Original post by DestroyAutismNow
The fact that girls prefer a guy to have a funny personality is depressing because I’m not a comedian and whenever I try to be funny it always fails.

(OP here) it’s actually encouraging, honestly!

i’d feel way more discouraged if most girls told me “i wouldn’t date a balding/bald guy”, as a balding guy myself… because that’s a physical trait i can’t change and, especially, it’s an objective thing.

Regarding funny personality… i’d like to specify that being funny is something i think mostly relies on chemistry between people, also due to the fact that people laugh for different things.

So, I honestly think nobody is boring… it’s just a matter of the people you meet and what their idea of “funny” is. Sure, a funny guy (who takes care of himself physically) will probably have a lot of success with girls/women thanks to this trait… but his confidence and ability to make others laugh also depends on how he feels with himself. So, the very first thing any guy should do is to workout and generally improve other aspects of himself, in order to feel better about himself and also discover his full potential.
(OP here) it’s actually encouraging, honestly!

i’d feel way more discouraged if most girls told me “i wouldn’t date a balding/bald guy”, as a balding guy myself… because that’s a physical trait i can’t change and, especially, it’s an objective thing.

Regarding funny personality… i’d like to specify that being funny is something i think mostly relies on chemistry between people, also due to the fact that people laugh for different things.

So, I honestly think nobody is boring… it’s just a matter of the people you meet and what their idea of “funny” is. Sure, a funny guy (who takes care of himself physically) will probably have a lot of success with girls/women thanks to this trait… but his confidence and ability to make others laugh also depends on how he feels with himself. So, the very first thing any guy should do is to workout and generally improve other aspects of himself, in order to feel better about himself and also discover his full potential.

Because you believe the answers from girls? Do you expect them to answer "Yes I'm shallow and a bald guy is ugly"? There's no point asking girls. Hair matters a lot, just like having a goodlooking face and being tall. I'm sure you notice it by yourself
Because you believe the answers from girls? Do you expect them to answer "Yes I'm shallow and a bald guy is ugly"? There's no point asking girls. Hair matters a lot, just like having a goodlooking face and being tall. I'm sure you notice it by yourself

Two words bro: Jason Statham.

You can be attractive as a bald guy if you're ripped and sufficiently tall. If you're fat and short and bald yeah you're screwed (or rather you're not screwed)
Reply 11
My new one told me it's because I am big (height and shoulders), have good hair, and that I am 'funny, smart, considerate, and kind'.

I am certainly big and have good hair. I'm not sure on the last part, but I'll take her word for it.
Reply 12
Original post by Kovalensky
Two words bro: Jason Statham.

You can be attractive as a bald guy if you're ripped and sufficiently tall. If you're fat and short and bald yeah you're screwed (or rather you're not screwed)

OP here.

I wouldn’t mention Jason Statham or any other bald celebrity: they’re surely bald… but they’re FAR from average in any other aspect. They’re generally pretty tall, ripped and, especially, famous and rich hollywood actors.

I’d simply mention bald men you see on the streets. You can definitely see lots of bald men with attractive women (sometimes very very cute ones)
OP here.

I wouldn’t mention Jason Statham or any other bald celebrity: they’re surely bald… but they’re FAR from average in any other aspect. They’re generally pretty tall, ripped and, especially, famous and rich hollywood actors.

I’d simply mention bald men you see on the streets. You can definitely see lots of bald men with attractive women (sometimes very very cute ones)

Ehhh, it has nothing to do with the rich and famous part. I am talking about Statham's look alone. LOADS of women find it attractive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending