The Student Room Group

Online dating - should I tell a guy this before meeting up?

I am on a dating site and have been talking to a guy, one thing at the back of my mind though is my hair. I want to cut it very short/chin length but know that some men don’t like short hair. As I have long hair on my pictures it worth letting them know before meeting up?

What percentage of men do you think prefer long hair as opposed to short? What percent don’t really care?
Original post by Anonymous
I am on a dating site and have been talking to a guy, one thing at the back of my mind though is my hair. I want to cut it very short/chin length but know that some men don’t like short hair. As I have long hair on my pictures it worth letting them know before meeting up?

What percentage of men do you think prefer long hair as opposed to short? What percent don’t really care?

Hi there!

Each man is likely to have their own preference for hair length, but if someone really likes you for you, then it would not pose as an issue. I would personally not worry too much about their opinion on it as it is something you wanted to do originally, but it may be something you should mention upon meeting them just to help them recognise you. It is up to you if you want to speak about it more with them, as it is something you are potentially passionate about.

Best of luck and stay safe online.

Rachel - YSJ student rep
Reply 2
It's your hair and you can do what you want with it, you don't need permission from a random guy on a dating site. Just update your profile picture when you get it cut.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending