The Student Room Group

PPE, anyone?

Just curious to see who might be applying for PPE (entry in 2006), and to which universities people are applying. Also, are any PPEists doing what I'm doing and applying for a variety of courses PPE related? (Although history & politics isn't strictly PPE orientated :redface: ). I am the only person at my school applying, so am hoping to feel less alienated :smile: .
I'll start:

Currently studying: History, Govt. & Pol, Maths, German
Applying at:
Oxford for PPE
Durham (or UEA) for PPE
York for PPE
Manchester for PPE
Warwick for History & Politics
Edinburgh/Nottingham/Exeter for History & Politics
Reply 1
I was interested in applying for PPE at Oxford but Pure Eco. at other Uni's (including Warwick and York). Make sure every Uni you apply to, you apply for PPE if they have it. Otherwise you won't be accepted for the applied course because your personal statement for PPE has to be balanced between the three. If you apply to a Uni which offers PPE but don't apply to PPE, THEY WILL REJECT YOU!!!!!!!!
Check whether Warwick/Edinburgh/Nottingham/Exeter offer PPE or not. If they do, then APPLY ONLY FOR PPE. If they don't, you can apply for anything else.
Reply 2
Why do you say that? If they don't know that I'm applying for PPE everywhere else, wouldn't they just assume that I was applying for History and Politics everywhere?
Reply 3
Queen_A
Why do you say that? If they don't know that I'm applying for PPE everywhere else, wouldn't they just assume that I was applying for History and Politics everywhere?

I'm willing to agree with that. For PPE, you actually don't need to make your PS so specific, since (1) it's quite a broad course (2) you won't have enough space (on the UCAS form) to convincingly describe your passion for all three disciplines.

My PS was quite general, like... something about myself and why I wished to study social sciences. Got offers for PPE at York and Warwick, invited for PPE interview at Ox, and offer for Econ with Chinese Studies at Nottingham.

I don't see anything wrong with applying for the combinations you're thinking of, they weren't too elaborate really... :wink: Loads of people at Ox interviews applied for completely different courses elsewhere. Like Oriental Studies and Law.... Go for it!
Reply 4
oo i am applying 4 PPE 06 entry - currently writing my ps now .... seems a bit clueless but i am still not sure whether i want to apply for PPE at all uni's, at the mo, i am thinking about
PPE: oxford, warwick,York, manchester
Economics: Economics / Econ + geog at SOAS and LSEor UCL ( havent decided yet)
Reply 5
Mine has actually changed a little....not entirely sure what I ambasing my decisions on, but incidentally, the PPE courses I'm applying for are the same as yours, bigluce! It's now Durham and Edinburgh/Nottingham (though most likely, Edinburgh) for Hist&Pol

Latest

Trending

Trending